• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

I was working a getting a review of 1/700 HMS Newcastle and Trafalgar finally done for IPMS/USA. I had the Trafalgar primed and drying outside when Ian found it. Minor damage with the exception of the missing prop. Since then, I've been working on the Warhammer orks. I've got some really cool metallic washes done on the weapons and armor.

Opps...hope you got a picture of it first! :mpup

I cleaned out more computer junk and hauled it off, then eat at Mom'n'ems.

I'm preparing for some work coming up in the next week. As for models; check out my three WIP Threads on the Aircraft, Armor, and Ships Forums. Everything listed there is being worked on.

Worked today, got home and turned on the 'puter, stretched some sprue and am preparing dinner......exciting stuff I know :D

Got up, done some visits, had lunch, played with the cat and right now I'm drinking a coffee. Will finish the destroyed hummer. (see armor forum)

Sounds like a nice day. Work work work, work work work...came in at 0600 to learn how to do a new chore. Not sure if this is good or bad. Learned it, now what's next? loading up on java, getting off early to go to town and pay taxes on the truck..oh joy. 8 year old truck so it's not so bad now. Think I'm going to attack the yard this weekend.

Let's see...I renewed my license plates this morning and now I am doing some programming at work and thinking about what to buy during the RJProducts sale...

I'm attacking the yard. The Azaleas stopped bloomin' so it's time to prune them. Didn't do it last year so it's overdue. Maybe model time tomorrow..

Woke up with sore throat, red eye, and a migraine. I want to finish the sub. As usual, I found out in my research that AFV Club took liberties with the sub by adding the Biber. They appear in two photos on a sub said to be U-295 while the kit represents U-995, U-1023, or U-1125. So, I wasted time on the mini-subs.

Color debates went on and I did get the correct shades. Found that my metallic paints are dry so will decant spray cans. Or use the Agama metallic pastes I brought from Poland last year.

However, much of this may not happen as I had to go to the pharmacy (wife is ill too), bakery, bank, and hardware store. After breakfast the boy goes to religion class, Karate, and over to a foster pet parent to look at a South Carolina rescue hound brought up for adoption.

dogsapril282011048.jpg

dogsapril282011044.jpg

dogsapril282011015.jpg

If I do adopt the 4 month old puppy, I need to buy a cage, the food he is eating, and set up vet visits.

So, I hope you will all forgive me if I only complete the sub. I can show you that the instructions call the Biber subs optional parts. Yet EVERYONE knows that the reason I chose the sub was the Biber sharks. I will finish them later.

Regards,

Woke up early to find a wet kitchen floor- it had drained into the garage as well. We thinks its the water treatment sytem- it's on a timer, hence the limited flooding. Dropped the Spyder off for new rear tires, breakfast, now off to investigate that leak, clean house, etc. Maybe some Ju388 time?

saúl - like stated in your quarterscale thread - adopt him! look at that face! can you resist? poor puppy!

:mpup

chuk - that leak and flooding suxalot! but selfish as i am i hope that you will find time for the 388!

Thanks, Laura- I think I will. I was going to clean the house, but I'm starting to feel really achey and sick. DAMMITT!!

think i'm getting sick, sick of the Cicadas! pictures later.

Good luck Chuck!

Saul, go get that puppy!

Got up and brought the kids to their 4 hour play practice...which meant some alone time with my wife. We went to our favorite place- our small town library and watched the Hudson river lapping up against it's foundation with the flooding we have had. They are doing well though as the town brought in an industrial sump pump.

Then we came home and did a bike ride as I am training for a 25 mile diabetes ride in June. Had a nice lunch in the three season room and now I have to head back and get the urchins.

Might work on the Ma. K suit and Priest later after working out on the imitation Bow-Flex machine ;)

Spent a good seven hours smoking a Boston Butt cut of pork [ pulled pork ] , hickory chips with a tad of mesquite chips .
Rendered down a few liters [ yeah that's spelt wrong , must be the Millers ] of root beer to make the root beer sauce , got some fresh excellent poppy seed Kaiser rolls , .......... yumm , yumm , suck em up !!!!!

Now I'm going to play Battlefield Bad Company [ # 1 ] with me son .

Ok... I would expect to see things like cooking out, drinking beer, shopping with wife, painting easter eggs, modeling and even yard work :sick: . But Chuk said he was checking on adopting a Turtle and no one comments on it. Am I missing something here?..... :huh: :lol:

Tim

I thought adopting turtles was some normal California thing.

Sound really good Glenn. Share that root beer sauce.

Went to the gym, went to the grocery, walked the dogs, cleaned the house, worked on a model, now watching a NASCAR race while doing laundry.

Up and about,.. spoke to some strange sounding chap on the phone,.. he came from South Carolina :D (y)

Out into garden ( yard) dusted off the lawn mower after winter hibernation,...look in tank ,..groan the thing was nearly full,..I had asked my 18yr old to do the yard until the tank run out,..only the plum ran out of juice so decided to fill the tank back up finished what he was doing and left it stored away pressed the red button a few times to get the juices flowing pulled cable and the beast sprung into life,......... phew !!! (y)

So did the lawn killed, some dandelions, came back in and tried to sort out more stuff on the computer

Not a lot really

WoW !! This thread's really grown .. I just thought it would go from last week-end & then fade out ....

O.K. ... I'm nearly complete on th Elephant. I'll post some pix. I ran out this evening to a Friends B-Day party !! Good Stuff. I'm glad to see everyone is Rockin' alone with Modeling ... & Stuff !!

CHUK - Get th Tortuga !

SHARK - Is that a Golden Lab ? I love Golden Labs !! One of/ If not THE Most Loyal & Intelligent Dog you will ever get. I say Grab 'em up !! I bet you could teach 'em to Clean Road Wheels !! (y)

(y) (y)

Back