• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Alea iacta est

The Clear CD plastic is thick enough to make your own periscope top half. No need to rob a kit part.

After filing and sanding the 45 degree bevel, paint the beveled edge silver, the rest black then the green (4BO) and apply.

Regards,

Update 6/9/11: Alea iacta est

The building part is slowly coming to a completion. Only parts left to add are the tracks and road wheels, the fuel barrels and a few bits and pieces. After that it's off to painting and finishing. Here are a few more progress tips. Btw, I think this is one of the better Trumpeter armor kits as far as fit, assembly and cleanliness of parts is concerned. Well there are still the single link tracks. Have to see how those go together.

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

Got the paint on now. I used MM Russian armor green. I need to give it another coat. I just saw that a few spots need some touch ups. After that I will spray some shading, add the wheels and attack the tracks.

Joe

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

Thanks James and Bob.If I don't have to much trouble with the tracks I think she will be done within the next 2 0r 3 weeks.

Joe

Ah.... I ordered something in green please! Looking awesome! Are you going to do any fuel lines? Keep it coming!

Got some paint on the T-62 now. I also tried to do some highlighting but I think I need to do some more since it is barely noticeable. In the mean time I started to assemble the wheels an dthe tracks will be next.

Joe

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

Really nice Joe! I just picked up a T-55 so I will be keeping up with this one.

B)

Back