• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Alea iacta est

Leopard2

The dice has been cast. Since the BTR turned out to be a bust and neither of my Mulligans could gain a majority vote I decided to build the Trumpeter T-62 1962 as well as the Trumpeter Tupolov TU-16 Badger. The remaining 11 month should give me ample of time for both since no fancies will be added.

Joe

Here are my Mulligans.

Joe

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

Last night I started working on the T-62. So far I worked on the lower hull and the suspension.I am surprised the amount of detail this kit has. Trumpeter has sure come a long way. The parts are very clean, with just a little amount of flash and the fit is good as well. And I haven't seen any pin marks in visible spots yet.

Bob, it will be a little bit before I get to the wings. I need to make some room on bench for her. She is big.

Joe

IMG_0363.jpg

Today I worked on the turret. First I must say that the turret has a very nice cast texture. There are a lot of parts that go on the turret, and small parts at that. I also drilled out the barrel for the coax-mg.
The hole where the grab handles are placed had to be drilled out as well. Trumpeter marked those spots with very light raised detail. Some of those are hard to spot with the cast texture. I colored the clear periscope lenses in clear green. They will be added at a later point.

Joe

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Did a little more work on the T-62 last night and this morning. I got the hull assembled and also added a few more bits and pieces to the turret. I tinted all the periscope lenses green since I doubt that they had any kind of coating 50 years ago. I masked the lenses with Abteilung 502 Liquid Mask. That stuff is expensive at over $13 for a 75 ml bottle but it seems to work better than the Walthers Liquid Mask I used in the past.

For whatever reason the commanders periscope is left empty with a big hole of nothing in it. I have to figure what to do there. Maybe fill it with Crystal Clear. Here are some progress pics.

Joe

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

For whatever reason the commanders periscope is left empty with a big hole of nothing in it.

Joe,

That is the loader's MK IV periscope housing.

LoadersHatch.jpg

LoadersPeriscope.jpg

http://www.army.lv/files/246.pdf

When are you starting the Badger?

Regards,

Thanks guys.

Saul, as of right now the Badger isn't even in the top 5 of my Priority list. It will be a while before I get to her. The way things look probably not till late summer. Still working on projects for the IPMS Nats in Omaha.

Joe

Thanks guys. I have to see if I have an old periscope from a Dragon kit that I could use for the loaders peri.

Joe

Back