• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ah les salauds !!! ( France juin 40 )

Hello!:)
Finally I finished my diorama on Somua-s35, here are the first pictures !.

somua-s359.jpg

somua-s3522.jpg

somua-s358.jpg

somua-s3517.jpg

somua-s354.jpg

LAURENT,

Very Cool ! :woohoo: I really like th fact that th Tank driver has soot on his face. Very realistic ! Great backdrop !

Shalom.

This looks very convincing and is quite poignant (sad) with the tanker holding the teddy bear. It makes you wonder what became of the family.

That looks like the Master Box wagon. If it is, how did you find the assembly of it? Were there any fit issues?

Thanks and cheers from Peter

Hello all, thank you for your posts !:) . I saw on period pictures there were tank commander with soot on their faces and their hands !.And to answer Peter !,indeed, the truck is factory MB3538 MB ref. Must redo the wood grain and horses have been adapted to diorama! .

It looks very well thought out and executed... The emotion conjured and the satisfaction of finding details (like the boot) all add up to an exceptional piece.

Regards,

Shalom.

Did you have any problems assembling that cart? On one of mine (I haven't assembled the second one yet)the wheels and some other parts were a tight fit and needed to be drilled out. Did you have problems getting the wheels onto your mode?

What is wrong with the wood grain that you want to do it over again?

Cheers from Peter

Shalom.

Did you have any problems assembling that cart? On one of mine (I haven't assembled the second one yet)the wheels and some other parts were a tight fit and needed to be drilled out. Did you have problems getting the wheels onto your mode?

What is wrong with the wood grain that you want to do it over again?

Cheers from Peter

Hello Peter !.
I have not had a problem mainly for the cart, except on the direction of the train before, I changed in cart French, which differs from that of the kit (plus Eastern Europe). The wheel axles were drilled to insert a nut. As for the wood grain, I can reproduce it because all the parts were not smooth and realistic.

somua-s35-blog-51.jpg

somua-s35-blog-53.jpg

Shalom.

Thank you for that information. I did wonder how the wheels were retained on that cart. That is something I can now add to mine.

That cart is getting a lot of mileage from Master Box. It is available in three kits already (one is just the cart) and will be used in a kit that is in development now.

I really do like how you adapted the cart and modified the horses to be dead ones.

Very well done diorama.

Cheers from Peter

Almost heart breaking thinking about this. Excellent work though, so many stories can be drawn from the images here. Well done!

Back