• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ah les salauds !!! ( France juin 40 )

PMH

Hello friends of the forum T & T :Hiay , for some time I work on my new diorama, which is the Somua S35, mythical tank of the French army of 40:) . The model is based on the brand Heller, old model who had, again with plastic cards, the Eduard etched, a gun in aber, caterpillars Friulmodel, but also a new turret, that of the B1 bis tank that I have found along the garbage going to my work. (There was a model of the B1 bis Tamiya, a remnant of wanze Borgward IV and KV 1:eek:hyeah . Probably a guy not patient or a woman may terrible!:D ).

The diorama will be called, AH LES SALAUDS !!!,An insult of the day, we are not saying that today could hardly be translated.( AH THE BASTARD!)

somuaprofile-1.jpg

somua-s35-forum-site14.jpg

somua-s35-forum-site13.jpg

somua-s35-forum-site4.jpg

somua-s35-forum-site.jpg

somua-s35-forum-site20.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a405/jerome73_photo/photos-pour-forum/forumTandT/somua-s35-forum-site18.jpg

More detailed pictures you can find on this link;

http://www.wix.com/plasticmodelhobby/plasticmodelhobby

translating salaud with bastard is quite harmless ... thank god this is a 99,5% english speaker community so the german equivalent - drecksau - won't bring me to the naughty corner and i'm quite happy that there's no direct equivalent in english! :mpup

muahaha ... i cand indulge my tourette without being naughty cornered! great!

as great as your work on the somua laurent!

Yes indeed insult in French is Back then the kindest and totally outdated today with all the rude words that are now entering into the films at the cinema:S . The word means Salaud; person without morals, despicable!
But if I decided to take this title, is not to insult anyone at all, but I resumed the expression of a veteran (I read a book, published in 1943) before the horror of killing civilians:( . Because given the teddy bear in hand the tank driver, I will represent the exodus of civilians fleeing the fighting!.

the title is perfect for your plan and i like it - it's a perfect match! no one should be insulted or take it personal! and if so, if you receive complaints, send them to me and i'll take care of them! rest assured!

the title is perfect for your plan and i like it - it's a perfect match! no one should be insulted or take it personal! and if so, if you receive complaints, send them to me and i'll take care of them! rest assured!

It is difficult to translate correctly!:side: But thank you and I will say in French,Gros bisous ma belle !!!:laugh: :laugh:

translating salaud with bastard is quite harmless ... thank god this is a 99,5% english speaker community so the german equivalent - drecksau - won't bring me to the naughty corner and i'm quite happy that there's no direct equivalent in english! :mpup

muahaha ... i cand indulge my tourette without being naughty cornered! great!

as great as your work on the somua laurent!

So pig droppings? (being pc here)

James

This is awesome. The amount of extra work you've put in. Is the metal work around the running gear vac formed?
James

This is awesome. The amount of extra work you've put in. Is the metal work around the running gear vac formed?
James

Yes there was a lot more work, just grates engines that were false, the top of the base of the tank at the well turret also has a different form. The caterpillars and the undercarriage was also to be redone, the skirts on the wrong model, and some bolts were missing
And as I say, the turret, in the false origin and replaced by B1 bis Tamiya edit!.

Hello all, enjoying some research for my diorama. I found this link to redo the signs in localities of my country, France. So for those who want her for their future diorama located in France (Battle of May-June 1940, Normandy, Provence landing etc.).;)

http://panneauxenbeton.perso.sfr.fr/michelin_localisation_1930.html

Hello all friends modeler, The Somua-s35, has her red dress, a premium spray, which will serve to unify the various components of the model, (metal, aluminum and others). But this color will also serve to mimic the anti-rust paint that is not covered by the camouflage!. That is to say Inside of protective skirts running gear!.:)

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

Hello all new photos Somua-s35, being painted!. For now the color looks more like a toy than SOMUA s35-field in 40!

The camouflage pattern was changing to a more attractive but existing!:lol:

somua-suite6.jpg

somua-suite9.jpg

LAURENT,

Now that Looks Really Cool ! I really Dig that Camo !! Cool lookin Tank & Camo !

ERIK

Yes indeed the camouflage is attractive, this is another example of a SOMUA s35-known, whose profile has been published in an excellent book Trackstory No. 11 (if I have the right to publish it :huh: ).

somua-profil.jpg

I give you the business relationship, frankly their books are excellent material for camouflage armor French!

http://www.minitracks.fr/trackstory.htm

It is an Excellent job Laurent.(y)

Is this the same chassis they built the third type Marder 1 on????

Tony Lee:)

It is an Excellent job Laurent.(y)

Is this the same chassis they built the third type Marder 1 on????

Tony Lee:)

Hi Tony, on a Marder versions of the framework of French tanks, are either H39, or FCM-36, which it resembles SOMUA-s35

Hello everybody :Hiay , after several weeks of absence, here is the fully painted Somua-s35. Soon it will be the turn of the figure, then the rest of the diorama!:)

somua-suite-bis6.jpg

somua-suite-bis3.jpg

somua-suite-bis9.jpg

Hello everyone!
Here, the figure who will accompany my Somua-s35, an officer (Tank of 3/4e cuirassiers) in May 1940!
B)

fig-somua3-1.jpg

fig-somua2-1.jpg

fig-somua.jpg

Back