• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adventures from Hooterville

Barney I've always dabbled lightly with wood working (stripping, finishing, I'm no carpenter) and wanted to have a compressor to do whatever the eff I wanted it todo....After all, I had it at the old place. The one I'm leaving is actually a 2 stage compressor, this is only single. (IF the old one had a Texaco logo on it it would have been moved! )

All things considered it's really not that bad on price.

Here's something I'm working on right now.

1631665461957.png

This is the old chopping block from the grill station at the restaurant I grew up in. Every steak that was cooked in that restaurant went over this block. I've had it in the garage for years, I didn't have room for it in the old kitchen. This one I have much more room so I started restoring it.

1631665570808.png

These photos don't do justice how nasty this thing is. All that grime, grease and junk down in the wood then on top of that years of not being cleaned in the garage. It had a bad warp in it but i've left it on the front porch of the new house and it seems to have return to fairly flat.

1631665674990.png

I ran through a variety pack of sanding disk yesterday, as you can see they got gummed up pretty bad, pretty quick. I need more disk. I got some raw linseed oil and butcher block oil to treat it once I get it sanded down some. I'm leaving the cut marks on it for character.

I think you need a belt sander for that, Bob.
Probably John but then I'll probably need a planer :rotf The cycle never ends. Na I want to keep the beat up look of it. I'm not going much deeper with the sanding, I want to keep the cuts in it, hell I put most of those cuts in it! This is a cleaning job not so much a restoring to factory finish.

I don't know how finished it'll look Mark just going to sand it a little more flat and oil it up. I'll get a shot of it with the first steaks it's had on it since 1998 :rotf

With any luck, today was the last day of sweatin' it off in The Box.
Plumber and electrician are scheduled for tomorrow. The contractual stars have lined up!

1632148152342.png

1632148166586.png

yep, we're going to tap power to the little shed also, that's for the lawn mower and gardening stuff. it's already wired with outlets and lights. The overhead feed failed many years ago and they didn't fix it.

Back