• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adlertag!

some progress!

<rant>why, oh why is it possible to follow the flying curve of a itsybitsytiny pe part snipping from the tweezers and why does exactly that itsybitsytiny pe part enter stealth mode when it lands? on the desk?</rant>

well ok, i lost one very tiny pe part ... no big loss, no one will ever notice but it's still ... annoying!

whatever ... i made the RHS cockpit part, the radios and the instrument panel, now it's time for the LHS side of the cockpit ...

at least i seem to have nailed the interior color with my freehand paint mix ... let's hope that i will be able to repeat that on the left side!

Hans Albers - Flieger grüß mir die Sonne

cockpit4radiospe.jpg

cockpit3rhspe.jpg

cockpit5instrumentspe.jpg

g060.gif

Really nice Laura. I'm really likeing this. As a thought, it you have a magnet kicking around try running that a cm above the desk and surrounding floor. Might decloak your Romulan PE piece. :laugh:

James

I always thought Eduard was brass or nickel plated brass, neither of them ferrous nor affected by magnets... gotta try it!

Whenever I lose a piece, I remove one of my stocking (not the lace or net variety), rubber band it over the end of a vacuum-cleaner's tube and turn on the vacuum. It has made me throw away the stockings but I do usually find the piece!

Regards,

I always thought Eduard was brass or nickel plated brass, neither of them ferrous nor affected by magnets... gotta try it!

Regards,

Well so much for my hopes that today was going to be better. I'm evidently still afflicted with a case of the dumbs. Sigh :(

James

Don't worry, you'll find it when you're working on your next panzer and the cockpit is all sealed up.

Fantastic Laura! Bravo!!!

That looks great! ... hm ... you have one year to do it, do you want to build up a fleet of them?

a fleet? surely not! i will be glad when i return to mud pushing topics!

ok ... no pics today, i just added the colorful spots to the RHS cockpit area (anthrazite, aluminium, brown, green (what will be overpainted with light olive later) and red) and am able to call that side finished!

now the left side:

MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

the instrument panel with all the levers doesn't fit into place! i had to cut away part of a molded on thingy so that the panel would fit at least a little bit better! the price: one x-acto blade that broke and a little piece of plastic that entered low orbit to find it's way behind my glasses right into my right eye! ouch! at that point i decided that today's no good day for modelling and i better don't touch this kit!

the good news is that after initial consideration i didn't use the fuselage as baseball bat against the wall although the temptation was massive!

I know Rudi was in need of a walk about that time...Go Rudi!!!

But still, progress made and we'll try to find you some Safety Glasses to ship to ya.

Remember its all good fun till someone loses an eye. Then its a sport.
Can you imagine Olympic model building??
James

OK, I'm with Laura, not sure I can say i'm ready to get back to Armor but I sure am ready to get off this kit! Seams are everywhere!

:S

i don't think that i want to repeat that work! all those levers killed me! additionally, the pe instructions didn't mention where to put a lever with black knob and where those with red knob! if this setup is correct or not, i don't care, i leave it as is!

Subhuman - Crackbaby

cockpit6instrumentslhs.jpg

the colored rhs (not much visible, sorry!):

cockpit7colors.jpg

g060.gif

Back