• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adlertag!

timeout!

james's suggestion is a really good one and IF i follow it, all i would do was to mask the balkenkreuze and then give the black a go! no new decals, no nothing else!

i want to move on and leave frustwaffle stuff behind!

ok?

Supposedly even markings where oversprayed. So just paint. all black.
James

all i would do was to mask the balkenkreuze and then give the black a go! no new decals, no nothing else!

Exactly! I did mention not needing the decals. ;)

However, don't work on it now. got take care of some other kits which I am sure are calling you for attention. If you see those kits with a Voodoo Doll of the Ju-88, please take it away from them and remove the pins!

We are ALL pulling for you...

Regards,

i'll do it tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRDF_0lfHk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK4KCfXu5IE&feature=player_embedded

Funny this should come up today, as yesterday I was talkin' with another MA member about painting my Ju-88's underside black, as I was reckoning that a night bomber (and many Ju-88s were used as such) would have to look dark from the ground. But my friend wasn't able to find any reference pics on that either.

Obviously, that wasn't James or I!
:D

Regards,

stow it away for some time - this GB is meant to be for one year, right? So there's plenty of time :) ... and the heck ... may be in some months you are willing to do a dio of a grounded one together with a tank .... or so :) that also would be very cool - a little big, but cool - you then only end up with an aquarium pump as spare :)

Saul said:
No, it was Chris, who's helping me a lot in this modeling restart effort of mine. :dude

He did a quick search while we were chatting, but wasn't able to come up with any pics though. :( I have looked at some of the reference material I have myself and have found nothing either... :idonno I wanted to do a different bird, but with no references I'm doing the "usual" Ju-88. ;)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Saul said:
No, it was Chris, who's helping me a lot in this modeling restart effort of mine. :dude

He did a quick search while we were chatting, but wasn't able to come up with any pics though. :( I have looked at some of the reference material I have myself and have found nothing either... :idonno I wanted to do a different bird, but with no references I'm doing the "usual" Ju-88. ;)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

http://www.warbirdsite.com/warbirdsite_com_junkers_88.html
about half way down

James

Thank you very much for your effort, James :dude , but I think I'm going with the "simple" solution for this first build of mine: light blue with wear and tear on the underside. I'm afraid the black "washed up" effect on the underside will be too much for me to get right this soon into modeling. :unsure:

Cheers and thanx for your help! B)
Fernao

time to call this one finished!

rusted the mufflers, reglued tons of snapped off pieces (harumph! grml!), added the radio wire (no beauty but the copper wire is very reluctant to cooperate, stretched sprue fell off all the time!), added the position beacons (those red and green light thingies!) and of course repainted the belly in black to cover the clear coat desaster and rubbed away the black wherever a decal with markings is ...

the final result is no beauty but that's the best i could make out of all the bellypunches i had to take and suffer while building!

Erben der Schöpfung - Niemand kennt den Tod

'nuff talkin' - pics:

left.jpg

right.jpg

cockpit1~0.jpg

(look at all that lovely dust! :S )

cockpit2~0.jpg

(without flash ... no dust visible but blurry ... hahaaaa)

bottom.jpg

i know i could still do more on birdy but frankly spoken i'm fed up with this build and could only create more damage than "optimize" things so i leave everything like it is!

Great to see you stuck with it and finished it. Well done. Much better than throwing it away.

You put a lot of time and effort in that bird, and while it tried your patience to the fullest, the outcome looks great.
3dok.gif

Laura, you finished it so you have one over me! Glad to see you stuck with it. I think it looks great for the first aircraft in (how many years?).

I get a feeling you may touch it once in a while.

Regards,

Good save Laura. I was wondering if you had gone back to it. Looks good. When you go to build your next plane (you know you want to) elastic thread works really well for the antenna wire.
James

my next plane?

many, many moons will pass until that happens ... but it will happen!

was the first plane after more than twenty years - sheesh have i gotten old! :S

that antenna wire support thingy broke into in the meantime, i didn't expect anything else!

Hey Laura,

I am embarrassed that I only now found this build. Seems like you went through hell building it, but you learned from the experience and the results are what counts. Great job girl! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

I have this habit of coming on the site and checking out Models We Make and leaving. I rarely check out the GBs. I am going to make a conscious effort to change that, I'm missing some really good stuff!

BTW, I caught that .. but it will happen! Never give up!:ro: :ro: :ro:

Sorry about missing this, but you came through with flying colors!!

Bob

my next plane?

Laura, I am going to make that happen! I think I know what you would go for. This time, build it OOB and in a more manageable scale. I just need to find a Tamiya kit (no fit problems there and pretty good decals to boot).

You really did well and I would love to have you on my team if there is ever a trimodeler competition (three genres from afv, aircraft, civilian, figures, sci-fi, and ships (in alphabetical order, not by my preference ;)))...

You already see I am building AFV, Aircraft and the sub (OK, only cut plastic at the moment- but I WILL build it!)!

Regards,

Well Laura you came through ok! Not a bad job on a kit that is less steller. You did a great job on the cockpit and masking the canopy. Overall you did really well for not having done a plane in twenty years. We all kinda pushed you out of your comfort zone and I'm sorry if you got stressed out. Thanks for being a part of the Bomber Command GB maybe you could do a Bi-plane next time :D only one engine and no canopy masking. Oh but then there are all those wires. :unsure:

Great Effort Laura!!!!

Terry (y)

Hooray- you've beaten it into submission! That's a fine-looking bomber- you can be proud! Just for that I'll keep working on my wheelie things... ;)

Cheers!
chuk

hey ... how did it come I've missed that update?

I really dont know what you are complaining about ... it looks great to me!

Back