• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Accurate Miniatures P-51

Adam

Started this one a little while ago. Just getting around to posting it up. Here is where I am so far. Details are really good. Accuracy?? No idea. Fit leaves a lot to be desired but I'm really not sure if it's me or the kit. Never done an Allison powered Mustang before!

DSC06275_zps7e7d1afb.jpg

DSC06274_zps042e60b7.jpg

DSC06273_zpsfb99f6ad.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look in. Comments welcome.

Looks real good so far; they are suppose to be good kits. I have started a couple but have not finished one yet really don't know why :S , but hey, you're great with this one!
Ernie

Looks good so far. As far as fit goes, the thing I have learned with Accu-Mini kits is that you can't try to get all intuitive. For whatever reason, if you don't follow their instructions step by step then it won't fit right. Its mind boggling.

Thanks guys! I am going to weather this one to crap. If I ruin it... oh well. :gogo

A-36_b.jpg

You won't ruin it Adam. If it does not look good, just shoot more paint till it does :S

Not quite a P-51 but an A-36....close enough :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys! I am going to weather this one to crap. If I ruin it... oh well. :gogo

You know, I thought I did that to the VooDoo years ago but it turned out that it was one of the better weathered birds I've done. :idonno

Got some more done on this one. I made some simple tape belts out of tape and wire.

DSC06282_zps1fc767d1.jpg

Added the brake lines.

DSC06287_zps61d6ebc7.jpg

Got the canopy masked and closed up and shot some primer.

DSC06290_zps06a3f048.jpg

Paint soon! B)

Started this out with a preshade.

DSC06291_zps5334a7de.jpg

DSC06292_zpsc510035b.jpg

DSC06293_zps3ecd9e6f.jpg

Then I sprayed the OD and Neutral Grey. The picture of the Neutral Grey is pretty washed out and you can't really see the subtle tonal differences all that much but it is there.

DSC06300_zps5da2ffa9.jpg

DSC06298_zps84eb53ff.jpg

After the OD was sprayed I went back over it with more OD lightened with a dark yellow and added more fading.

Finally I decided I didn't like the kit plastic cannon barrels so I made some of my own out of brass and wire.

DSC06294_zps15999510.jpg

DSC06296_zps1b058a89.jpg

Thanks for looking in. More to come!

A Double pleasure! Didn't see your update yesterday Adam, sorry.

Looking great so far Adam, Love the barrels! Legs are also just make sure you get them on straight! :rotf

Sorry I missed this one, but I have an excuse. Us groundpounders don't look up much. :rotf

I like the scratch built details and the paint ought to be fun to follow!

:drinks

Sorry I missed this one, but I have an excuse. Us groundpounders don't look up much. :rotf

I like the scratch built details and the paint ought to be fun to follow!

:drinks
You should look up more Mike Death comes from the air for groundpounders :smack :rotf

Back