• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Accurate Miniatures 1/48 P-51A

jeaton01

I felt the need for a quick build so last week I pulled out this kit. I tried for a well used look on this model as it was used in Burma and the Allison Mustangs served for a long time. Kit decals worked well but I painted the number on the tail. Tried salt weathering for the first time, proved I have more to learn but it worked OK.

I added Eduard seat belts and wire for the drop tank plumbing. I was disappointed in the quality of the clear parts, next time I'll use vacuform canopy glass.

0235p51.jpg

0245p51.jpg

0255p51.jpg

0265p51.jpg

0275p51.jpg

0285p51.jpg

0295p51.jpg

0305p51.jpg

0315p51.jpg

0325p51.jpg

0335p51.jpg

The kit still looks great for its age. Would be nice to have a new mold P-51A.

Nice job.

I like the weathering on it and the drop of the elevators. I built this kit many years ago, yours turned out better than mine did(y)

Great job!! I built this kit years ago. Was disappointed that the canopy was molded as one piece. I also cut it to open op. Would it be ok for me to post mine here with yours? Gary S. XLV MMXX

Looks very nice to me, Gary. Your instrument panel looks better than mine, and it looks like you used a vacuform canopy.

Back