• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academys B-377

nsmekanik

K, just got this thing dumped on my lap, no biggie as I'm a glutton for free stuff, unfortunaley, there is a catch, and the catch is I have to start on it right away :facepalm so :geek

The problem, OK ONE of the problems I'm having, aside from the fact that they are Academy decals, is the only decal option is for an overall NMF scheme which I'm not to keen on. Since the kit can be built as a C-97 out of the box I did look into that, and although there are some colourful options agian they are mostly NMF as well, and besides I think I'd rather do it as an airliner for a nice change of pace.

Liveries unlimited apperantly made some Pan-Am decals which I would like to find so if anyone knows where I can get a set please laet me know.

If not I'll look into my C-97 options, which leads me to my next question, the instructions call for a "light grey" interior, would anyone know what that light grey would be and would it be the same for both the C-97 and the B-377? I do know that the cowling interiors are black :coolio so no issues there :D
IMG_01485B15D.JPG

IMG_01515B15D.JPG

:drinks

Hey Tim! Glad to see ya again (y)

Really glad to see you doing this, I got he same kit in the stash. Haven't found a build blog on it so I'll be watching close. :popcorn

well I found some decals that will work Hannants no it's just to decide which ones to do, suggestions anyone? Of course if anyone decides to come up with some pretty MATS markings I might be persuaded...... :D :drinks

I vote BOAC only because I flew Northwest once....just once. :pilot
I take it the ride wasn't as pleasant as it might otherwise have been......ok so far 2 to nothing for the Brits, Yankees in last place, not in a rush to place an order just yet but so far my research has shown that the C-97/KC-97 cockpits were interior green whereas everyone elses were not............ :fencing

:D :drinks

Okie Dokie BOAC it is pulled the trigger on the decals :beer

And I'm using WEM's now defunct WUP Grey interior Primer cuase it looks like the grey on my monitor if anybody knows a better colour scheme for a BOAC B-377 please let me know before, not after :smack I paint it (in a couple of days) Thanks

Cockpit is pretty much done, there's enough there to leave the impression there is something in there which I think will be quit adequate for this scale

IMG_0168~0.JPG

so far the most fiddly part is the pilots chairs

IMG_0167~0.JPG

[

will waite for the glue to dry on the base before assembly is completed :drinks

Yeah with that big fishbowl windscreen would be neat to see inside some. Does anyone make AM for the cockpit?

There was a reference to an eduard set some where and the fact most of it won't be seen :coolio plus a few other A.M. items to correct a few fualts but searches have revealed nothing availible at the moment so I would suggest if your thinking about some decals you might want to look into getting them now as I had a hell of a time finding these and there aren't that many there.

there's a kitchen sink in there somewheres... :good:

S#!t! I knew I forgot to install something :facepalm

Tim I think I'll be taking the path of least resistance on mine and do the kit decals, if they not TOO bad.

Well you know where there's another set if things don't go as planned Eh :drinks

So anyway I did a bit more and started on the wings,

IMG_0169.JPG

They are a bit warped so I decided to glue the "box' that is the gear bay molded on the top and bottom wings, and then later I'll slowly glue the rest to keep things lined up. the fit to the fuselage is quit good but be aware the spars need to face a certain direction as per the bevel....ask me how I know....at least no glue was wasted in figuring this out.

IMG_0170.JPG

Another thing is the flaps that are molded seperate just butt join to the main wing so I added a step to reinforce the joint.

IMG_0172.JPG

while I was at it I decided to play around with paint and see what I could do for the NMF. I had thought about getting some Alcad but then I fugured I'd see what I can do with what I have. In the end I settled on MM Non Buffing Metalizer Aluminum as it gives an adequate dulled out look of a used plane when overcoated in either Gloss or Semi gloss and most pics of older 377's show a pretty even appearance so That's whaty I'm going with

IMG_0173.JPG

:dance :drinks

Quick question would the gear bay's/doors be in green or zinc chromate? what does anyone figure is most likeley?

Back