• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academys B-377

Just so a certain individual doesn't think i've been slackin I figure I'd better post up some progress. After some extensive research I've discovered that the interior colour was an exact match for Humbrol 127 and I just happened to have a tin handy, imagine that :D ,
IMG_0185.JPG

Also managed to get one wing glued as well as the engine pods. Even though it is possible to glue the upper and lower pods together and slide them onto the wings I decided to glue them on seperately to try and reduce the gap that is apperantly going to be there, so I just taped them together to keep things lined up while the glue dried.
IMG_0186.JPG

:drinks

Quick question would the gear bay's/doors be in green or zinc chromate? what does anyone figure is most likeley?

Sorry Tim, missed this. Being a Boeing product i'd say zinc chromatic would be a safe bet.

Think it's clear there's no slackin' going on, someone tell you that tell'em to see me. :smack :tomato

Sorries Boss, but I's bin slakin :smack . I did get them decals a while back though and they do look nice :D :drinks

Decals?! already got it painted and all?

I got one in the stash that I want to give a go with, what's it looking like?

:popcorn

Couldn't find any thing, but this article is an awesome read.
http://www.ovi.ch/b377/articles/speedbird/
James

I keep reading B-29 but to me it look more like a B-50 or KC-97 :idonno . Perhaps you should dig around in those blood lines.]

Cheers, Christian B)

Here's one answer I found for the KC-97 . All interior parts and wheel wells.

Model Master Medium Green FS34102.

I keep reading B-29 but to me it look more like a B-50 or KC-97 :idonno . Perhaps you should dig around in those blood lines.]

Cheers, Christian B)

Here's one answer I found for the KC-97 . All interior parts and wheel wells.

Model Master Medium Green FS34102.

Thanks Christian :good: I'm a little slow these days

So not a lot of movement on this thing for a while, one of the reasons being trying to work out a mix for Boeing 707 grey, which is not, by the way, associated with the Boeing 707. Apparently Extracolour, which is an enamel and therefor not accessible here, makes this colour, with the other alternative close enough match being ModelMaster 16515 Canadian Voodoo grey(G)which is long out of production.

I had been at a Hobby Shop on the weekend and checked out their MM paint rack and of course that particular color was absent, as it is in every other hobby shop I've been too. but it just so happens that a couple of the employees of this particular shop had just bought the place and have been pulling out a bunch of old paint stocks and loading up the racks and as I happened to be in the city today I decided to pop by and check things out and I'll be damned if there weren't 2 jars of ModelMaster 16515 Canadian Voodoo grey(G) in the rack :woohoo: , of course being the good samaritan that I am I only bought 1 :D so in a round about way some more progress has been made :good:

Hey , good for you on scoring the paint . Have you tied using the paint conversion chart on this site ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey , good for you on scoring the paint . Have you tied using the paint conversion chart on this site ?

Cheers, Christian B)

I've looked at it, but in the end finding the recommended colour when it is supposed to be no longer available is so much more satisfying (y) B) as well as eliminating the need to be either literate and/or colour adept :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

I've looked at it, but in the end finding the recommended colour when it is supposed to be no longer available is so much more satisfying (y) B) as well as eliminating the need to be either literate and/or colour adept :woohoo:

Well, I get your point but sooner or latter you're gonna run out of treasures to find. :idonno

Have you considered acrylics or is there a shortage there as well ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Back