• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy Merkava Mk.IID

tom1815

My entry for this campaign is the Academy Merkava Mk.IID in 135 with Lengend productions Turret/Hull basket set;

ha778b94.jpg

h4897e30.jpg

h61187da.jpg

h208d69d.jpg

In truth I know very little about the IDF and this was a bit of an impulse buy so I'm probably going to make it mostly out of the box with very few extras.

This is a neat kit and i am looking forward to seeing it's construction. I have a few of the Academy kits and would really like to know how this one goes together, as they seem to offer a neat product at a reasonable cost/no hype, the same of which cannot be said for some other brands

This is a neat kit and i am looking forward to seeing it's construction. I have a few of the Academy kits and would really like to know how this one goes together, as they seem to offer a neat product at a reasonable cost/no hype, the same of which cannot be said for some other brands

So far the build is going well and I dont see any immediate problems, I have to agree that often Academy kits are underrated which is a shame because I've enjoyed them over the years. This one comes with etch and two sets of wheels which is cool but rubber band tracks so its a trade off really.

Looks like a very nice kit- and the Legends kit just adds that much more...will be watching this one!

Been eyeing their Abrams kits at Hobby Lobby...guess the tracks are way off- wrong type and all...but the rest seems nice from what I can tell...

but rubber band tracks so its a trade off really.

With the upper run covered the rubber band tracks are not bad at all. I have the M1A2 TUSK and am looking forward to it

Hey...is it just me, or does that test fit shot of the turret from above look a bit like the Millenium Falcon?

Interesting, what is your impression of the resin parts so far?[/quot

Hi Mike,
The resin is a real work of art, makes me wish I was a better painter to really show it off, its easy to work with too. The only small niggle I have is with the large turret basket has a gap which you can probably see in the pic, all the reviews I read said it fits like a glove so perhaps its operator error and I've noticed a few pics online with similar gaps, I will probably try to get a closer fit and just live with it I think,
Tom
h797b07b_2016-08-18.jpg

Every resin piece I ever used has required some artful grinding or shimming, so I guess this one is no exception. Looking forward to the next steps. :good:

Just finished the non-slip on the hull using the Rust-oleum method, have to admit I dont like spray cans as there is so little room for error and here I got a little to close to the rear of the model and sprayed a bit to thickly but the front looks pretty decent.

hc8f8fdc.jpg

hd241a5e.jpg

hda8fc21.jpg

Next time I will buy a model with the non-slip already on it lol.

Back