• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Abdin's Corner -Helping the survivors finished!

Re:Abdin's Corner -Helping the survivors upd 3/19/10

Shawn, Moon Puppy, Erik and Mike thanks for your words, glad you guys like it. more comming soon......

Re:Abdin's Corner -Helping the survivors upd 4/3/10

Hi my friends!! Time for a little update. The base is finished and so is the little staff car
Now I just need to paint the figures and the accessories to finish the dio…

The water well is glued in place and a little static grass is applied around
CYsSVrr.jpg

Alter removing the excess y applied a dark wash to tone the green down a little.
0gM6EZ4.jpg

The well
TlcVzwn.jpg

It looks like this when finished…
jiMrzye.jpg

m5MWvVx.jpg

bLGVZXw.jpg

YmNGIPZ.jpg

The staff car is also finished and ready for the base
bOQoYa0.jpg

7e3MDgS.jpg

eFOcMrF.jpg

GKL85Cg.jpg

Using balsa strips I did two planks to go over the passenger seat to hold and stabilize the stretcher in place…
NBuERrc.jpg

UXR5iyg.jpg

BGrrZep.jpg

The car is placed in the base but not glued until the figures are painted.
poTBBSO.jpg

n76IVSj.jpg

Well that’s for now, I’m starting the part I like the less, figure painting. hope you like it and the last stage of the dio coming soon!!!

Thanks!!

Abdin

It's really coming together, Abdin! The masonry work looks awesome, very realistic and the converted ambulance is a nice touch!

Field mouse,
Wow, it looks great, I really love the well (are we going to see
some rope and a bucket attached)?
The car looks great, love the added planks of wood. Is the folded
down roof, the kit supplied one? I think (and it's just my opinion,
but I would love to see you scratch build a new one out of tissue
paper dipped in white glue, with some "Chart tape" for the straps.
I think it would make it look 10 times better, again just my opinion.
It would give it more of a realistic look, you might even give it
some wear and tear damage?
Again, love what you have done. It looks really great.
Shawn

thanks Mike, glad you like it ;)

Johny thanks, just the figures remain to finish it. will try to paint it this weekend :peace

Hi Shawn,you are not the first to tell me about the poor kit roof, so I'M doing a new one when I finish with the figures this weekend, so stay tuned and thanks for your suggestions (y)

Abdin

fledermaus wrote:
thanks Mike, glad you like it ;)

Johny thanks, just the figures remain to finish it. will try to paint it this weekend :peace

Hi Shawn,you are not the first to tell me about the poor kit roof, so I'M doing a new one when I finish with the figures this weekend, so stay tuned and thanks for your suggestions (y)

Abdin

I will be sitting on pins and needles waiting to see it.
:blink :blink :blink
Shawn

Hi to all, well it is finished at last!! Here are the final steps of the corner dio build. I want to thank Monroe Perdue for the base they gave me so I hope they like my work with it. so lets start.
Here are the figures in paint progress
apBRw0R.jpg

ss8unK1.jpg

1AFklM8.jpg

Here is the figure that was the most difficult to paint because of his outfit ,I used the verlinden stencil to cut a piece of masking tape to do the red crosses on the front and back of it
XBIDUew.jpg

Nq4FMlv.jpg

cgEId9B.jpg

This is the result after painting other details as the belt across the cross
3mFwW2O.jpg

The back and side
LPIeAVx.jpg

The helmet cross and arm band had to be painted by hand
N7qjkbn.jpg

hlacGtS.jpg

Finally his medic bag was painted, the red cross is the only decal used from the kit
spRCyFr.jpg

The completed figures
baQtOEm.jpg

C1LMn0D.jpg

wjOZZkX.jpg

Gw3jI98.jpg

LkXiAHp.jpg

XcZmIJu.jpg

JfsiPAP.jpg

ImCKItV.jpg

S7ejMkW.jpg

wuDtqvH.jpg

jEQ2DA4.jpg

3xso8Zo.jpg

7TI25Yy.jpg

After the figures where finished I made a new roof tarp from tissue paper, the belts and buckles are pieces of photoeched Leftovers a great improvement over the stock one!!!
QOIIr4W.jpg

Now the flag for the front of the vehicle, again tissue paper painted white, the red cross painted using the verlinden stencil and very thin cooper wire for the ropes..
HGsy0Ic.jpg

HdeUxsU.jpg

YDaSbUH.jpg

Y5LlG67.jpg

Here it is attached to the car…
KDK9GKw.jpg

And finally the completed dio
LmwVZO7.jpg

cnKkgxC.jpg

t4zKagA.jpg

ECCmfmU.jpg

mswdA5t.jpg

uMznWWD.jpg

6IF95jP.jpg

1kse0wo.jpg

WAVeg4R.jpg

BttZMen.jpg

Well that’s the end of it, I hope you like it as much as I do and thanks to all that followed me on this project!!

Hi Abdin.

That is a great looking little diorama you put together there. The walled in well looks great, and the vehicle is just perfect in size for this corner. I was wondering though if it is not to late to add just one more little thing if you have it in your stash. That would be a bucket with some water, with a rope around the handle leading to the crank on the well, like they pulled up water for the wounded guys. But it still looks great. And I like the way you did the red cross on the sanitater.

Gary B)

Great result on this diorama. (y)

Three individual stories (the three groups of soldiers) all add together to one very telling story. Nice work.

Great scene. The converted ambulance is the perfect vehicle for this little base. I can't wait to see these vignettes all together.

@ Shawn,Gary,Terry,John,Mike,Ted,Laura,Johny and Ant

thanks you very much for your words!!
I'm glad you like it, I'm adding a couple of missing details as recommended by Shawn and other guys that are missing from the scene as I wanted to finish it on time and didn't had the time to add, so again thank to you all!! (y)

Abdin

Back