• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Stroll Through the Norman Countryside

Skinny_Mike

Hi everyone! I have started on a long-term project that I can slowly just poke away at. This is one of those projects that as I go, I would appreciate tips and feed back from all those great diorama modelers we have on this site. For now, I am starting with the base.

I’m calling this, A Stroll Through the Norman Countryside. I’ve started out with the MiniArt Wall with Base kit.

Post_1_1~13.jpg

I cut out the base and built a slightly more attractive mount for it. I tried to secure the inside of the base with some of that green foamy stuff in the fake plant section of arts and crafts stores, then secures it all down with craft glue.

Post_1_2~11.jpg

Next up everything was painted black and the edges were masked with liquid mask.

Post_1_3~10.jpg

Then I added the ground texturing with Ammo Light Earth Groung.

Post_1_4~8.jpg

In the end, I didn’t like the color and ended up painting over it, but that is another story for another time. For now, its back to some tanks.

Thanks for looking in.

Mike

Back