• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Sixth Modeling New Years Resolution Done.

Duke Maddog

Here is the 'new' Airfix Vickers Valiant model in 1/72 scale. I started this back in 2009 for the Orangecon Theme of British subjects. I had imagined bringing all three of my V-bombers to the contest, but this one didn't get done......until now.

I now have all three of Britain's V-bombers in my Royal Air Force.

To start, here is the bottom of the aircraft, showing the respectable bomb load this thing carries:

British_Vickers_Valiant_III.jpg

Here are two shots of it sitting on it's landing gear waiting for clearance to take off to patrol the ceiling:

British_Vickers_Valiant_I.jpg

British_Vickers_Valiant_II.jpg

This is how it looks from the top. This pic also shows how big this monster is:

British_Vickers_Valiant_IV.jpg

Well, there it is. I am so glad that yet another Modeling New Years Resolution is completed. Now I can move on again. Thanks everyone for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks guys! You comments mean a lot to me. They keep me going. And yeah, it does feel good to get some long-term shelf queens finished. In some ways it's even more of an accomplishment since it was such a fight to get any progress on it in the first place.

James, I agree, this old bird looks great. I'm glad to finally have all three British V-bombers completed.

Thanks guys! You comments mean a lot to me. They keep me going. And yeah, it does feel good to get some long-term shelf queens finished. In some ways it's even more of an accomplishment since it was such a fight to get any progress on it in the first place.

James, I agree, this old bird looks great. I'm glad to finally have all three British V-bombers completed.

I can relate! I had started a number of projects before I got sick in 2009 and, I have managed tgo get a few of them finally done not too long ago. Hope to get a few more kits done in due time
:evil:

Back