• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

9 years is too soon!

Barney

My beloved MacBook Pro's charging cable has bid me a fond farewell. The computer is only 9 years old and still works quite well. However, SWMBO reminds me that she has told me to replace it for 3 years and I have mightily resisted.

It still works, I cry! I mean, come on, it is only 9 years old! It has got at least another couple of years in it.

This was the straw than broke my resistance.

I am the proud owner of a brand new MacBook Pro with all the bells and whistles. There goes my modling budget for the next few months. Ooooooooo... Ahhhhhhhhhh...

Hey Barney, nothing wrong with using the old electronics as long as they still work for you. I used my old XP machine from 2003 until 2016. Still have it around and constantly consider doing a clean and redo with the old software I have for it. It is still a decent machine, just not got enough horses to run some of the current stuff.
I suspect that when Microshaft goes to subscriptions on their OS that many folks will just stick with older stuff and tell MS to stuff it.

Back