• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2cm Flakvierling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafette Sd.Kfz.7/1

Re:2cm Flakvierling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafette Sd.Kf

Really well done Dario!

The details are great!

I will definitely be following this!

Bob

Thanks, guys, but...I knew that something was going to be bad; this came being too easy :evil:

I added the clips to some hoses and 2 label to the engine

DSCN5757.jpg

DSCN5763.jpg

DSCN5767.jpg

but....here is my problem; the hood is to short...I mean, I must have glued some part in wrong place, either the radiator or the firewall

DSCN5759.jpg

Please somebody tell me that hood can be lifted for mantainance, so I can leave it off and make a scene with 2 mechanics...please ! :mpup

Like this:

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=3028

Thanks
Darío

Great build! Very nice engine.

For the hood, couldn't you try to use some evergreen on both sites of the hood to make it a bit longer? I'm sure you can make it fit that way. And since you are not planning to place the side pannels you don't have to worry about those?

Cheers Erik

Thanks Dragunov!

Well, theese are the last updates:

You can see in white the little piece of plastic added to the reshaped shield's pin

DSCN6009.jpg

DSCN6010.jpg

One of the side hoods; I deepened the opened parts with a Nº 22 blade

DSCN6015.jpg

DSCN6016.jpg

DSCN6017.jpg

I eliminate the 2 fasteners and replaced them with some not used parts of other kit (I though they was the rear cable holder of Italeri's Pz IV F2/G). To the left, in dark gray, is the reshaped one

DSCN6019.jpg

The entire kit, not glued yet; the wheels and tracks was painted, I just forget to take pics

DSCN6050.jpg

DSCN6051.jpg

Some rear details

DSCN6055.jpg

Kar-98 holders, modified with some copper sheet; P.E. no-skid plate plastic bolts and the new fastener in "open" position

DSCN6056.jpg

The slightly modified Lineal 21 sight and a draw found in the Web

DSCN6057.jpg

aa-sight-30-38.jpg

Well, that's all folks! Suggestions, comments, ideas, donations...all wellcomed

Darío

ace work darío!

the aiming sight drawing is just awesome and will proof invaluable for a lot of peoples! thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys!. I'm not sure about the aiming system...I was told there is not correct for this gun....but is nice, isn't? :laugh:

I've been working on the wipers motors and windshield yesterday...soon the fun will start

Darío

Hello Dario, WOW (y) (y)

Your detail painting and small touches that you have added are just wonderful. This is fun to watch come together.

Randy

Thanks Andy and Randy!

Today updates: wiper engines (motors?) and wires. The Tamiya tape protect the windshield from ciano atack

DSCN6060.jpg

I made 2 more fasteners using those shaved from the side hoods

DSCN6061.jpg

Base color, using dark gray car paint. Once I star painting....I can't stop, so, this vehicle must be finished this week...I hope

DSCN6062.jpg

DSCN6068.jpg

After some light added, I paint with a mix of XF-59 Desert Yellow and X-2 white. Why I choose that mixing ?....I don't know exactly....it seems correct to me for a 1942 scheme :blush:

DSCN6069b.jpg

DSCN6071b.jpg

DSCN6072b.jpg

DSCN6073b.jpg

Now the funniest part begins: decals, paint chipping, scratches, fading, etc :evil:

Darío

PD: BTW, I use a grenade handle to make a new optic sight for land shooting (I forget to take pics )

Thanks Bucket!

Some advances: I added some washes, using acrilic artist paint, well diluted with water and glass cleaner. I can't glue some parts until the vehicle was mounted to the base, to avoid breaking delicate parts

DSCN6126.jpg

I need to add: distance indicators, mirror, stains to the engine and exhaust multiple, to glue the wipers, to enhance the K-M logo, paint chipping on the tarp between hood and firewall, to glue the battery box, to add dust to the front lights, to add the position lights....Man, more I look it...more I had to do!

DSCN6127.jpg

DSCN6128.jpg

This sections needs: more dust, to glue de seats, to add the 2cm magazines, to add a little drop of gloss varnish to the aiming device....

DSCN6129.jpg

DSCN6130.jpg

The left instrument needs to finish; the others instruments was painted with white acrilic, protected with floor polish, then painted with black acrilic and then, using the point os a #11 X-Acto blade, I gently scrap the black paint to reveal some numbers and needle in white

DSCN6131.jpg

The side parts are not glued yet; they need some re-paint in areas where the FG colors appears; the rear license plate needs dust yet

DSCN6132.jpg

DSCN6136.jpg

Does anyone knows what happens with the spent ammo of the flakvierling? They were collected in the box below?

I'm wrong putting those empty shells over the platform?

DSCN6137b.jpg

Thanks

Darío

Hi Dario.

WOW !

That is very nice. And getting better. As far as the spent shell casings. Yes they did collect them to be reused. And they typically did it as soon as they could. Because a gun deck covered in round shell casings could become a pretty slippery place to be if more shooting was needed and they had to service the gun. But if it was just a short burst and then move out, there could possibly be a few shells on the deck for at least a little time I would think.

And I was curious what color you used to paint the guns? They look great. Especially the hand grip bands on the barrels (y) .

Gary B)

Dario Risso wrote:
Does anyone knows what happens with the spent ammo of the flakvierling? They were collected in the box below? I'm wrong putting those empty shells over the platform?

Hola Dario,

The box collected the spent shells...
After a session, the box was opened and all the shells collected into containers so a few spent shells which escaped the transfer (I have seen spades used for this by US forces) may be lying around.

Saludos,

Thanks guys; I will put just 4-5 shells on the platform and ....I don't know...100 or so on the ground :woohoo:

Gary...let me see...I use first Tamiya X-1 mixed with a little X-7 Red...I don't like it, so I repaint it with X-1 mixed with very little of X-2 and X-7 (again). Of course, then I apply graphite with my fingers. The hand grip zones was painted with Molak dark Gray; BUT...if you look pics of those guns, the hand grip zones used to be DARKER than the rest of the barrel; that is because those parts are Flat...or looks flat due to te machinery; in other pics they look LIGHTER :eek:hmy: So...I choose to make them lighter, avoiding to repaint the guns

Regards

Darío

Re:2cm Flakvierling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafette Sd.Kf

Dario,

This has been a great step by step! The model over the length of the thread has really turned into a super build!

Keep going!

Bob

Back