• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2cm Flakvierling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafette Sd.Kfz.7/1

Well, I start a new project yesterday. It is Dragon 6525 kit

Chassis, muffler and part of the running gear

DSCN5660.jpg

Front wheels and the auxiliary one comes in 3 parts, 2 in "normal" styrene and the pneumatic in Dragon Styrene

DSCN5662.jpg

I don't like how looks that seam line and I'm not sure if it can be filled with Tamiya putty :evil:

DSCN5661.jpg

The 16 parts of the Maybach HL 62 TUK engine; BTW, what is the meaning of "TUK" ?

DSCN5663.jpg

Das Motor (just blue-tacked)

DSCN5666.jpg

DSCN5667.jpg

Fortunately, until now all parts fits perfect

Darío

Excellent choice Dario.

That engine begs to be detailed, are you going to do it?
And don't worry too much for the tires, I would bet that once in place nobody will be able to see the seam line.

Ruben

great start darío! this will be a joy to follow!

Dario Risso wrote:
The 16 parts of the Maybach HL 62 TUK engine; BTW, what is the meaning of "TUK" ?

Maybach HL 62 TUK = Maybach Hochleistung 62 Tiefes Unterteil Kupplung (Kupplungsgehäuse)

Tiefes Unterteil = low bottom undercarriage
Kupplung = drive coupling
Kupplungsgehäuse = drive coupling housing

Hi Dario, Nice start to a nice looking kit. With the wheel maybe if you ran a shim of 5thou plastic strip around the plastic edge it would make the DS tyre have to stretch slightly more thus making it tighter. I don't have this kit and I don't know how soft the DS is so I really can't say if it would work but that is what I would try if it were me. :) Gives you something to think about anyway. Dean

Ruben, be sure I will try to add details to that engine; I'm just looking for detailed pics of the lot of wires

Laura, thanks for the translation!

Deano, may be I'll try your idea

BTW, i forget to mention the sources:

Web Sites

Infopanzer

Panzernet.net

Forum Valka

Por Tierra Mar y Aire

Foro Segunda Guerra (same as about)

Segunda Guerra Mundial

Zweiterweltkrieg.org

Axis History

ESCB Defesa

WW2 Photo

Models

Revision PMMS

DRA6525 vs TRU1523

Vinnie Branigan

Both models Trumpeter & Dragon, Bill Cross

Jamie Tainton (WIP)

Todo Modelismo Nº 9 Sd-Kfz 7/1 late from Tamiya, by Angel Iñigo

Walkarounds
7/1 Museo de Koblenz-J.Tainton

7/2 Bruselas

Books

Deutsche Flak-Selbstfahrlafetten - Podzun-Pallas Verlag Sonderband 78

Die Zugkraftwagen der deutschen Wehrmacht 8-12t Podzun-Pallas Verlag Sonderband 40

German Half-Tracks of WWII – Concord 7054

German Self Propelled Weapons – Profile Publications - AFV-Weapon Profile 55

German Self-Propelled Guns – Concord 7022

FLAK auf Sd.Kfz.7 (1) – Kagero Photosniper 9

Flak Selbstfahrlafetten & Flakpanzer – Panzertracts 12

Darío

More updates. In the first picture we can see the wheel that pull the towing cable. Both parts are keyed and is not easy to see the "key"

DSCN5670.jpg

Parts mounted today; engine, transmission box and winch are not glued yet

DSCN5672.jpg

The kit has not the inner part of the radiator, so I use a piece of brass mesh

DSCN5673b.jpg

Dragon don't provide either the towing cable, so I use one from a fishing store. I made the conections between the compressed are too

DSCN5674b.jpg

DArío

Lookin real good! I like the cable on the cable reel.

Terry B)

Thanks guys!

Last update (Man, I enjoy so much detailing engines !!)
Some color to the chassis

DSCN5677.jpg

Mudguard reinforced with "Plasticard" (Claro cell phone card)

DSCN5680b.jpg

Engine painted: is not all black, some parts are brownish-black; belts and hoses are matt dark grey

DSCN5687.jpg

DSCN5690.jpg

In place, just for pics

DSCN5685.jpg

DSCN5686.jpg

I will stop for a while and I will continue my abandoned Styer loco :D

Darío

Very nice work Dario B) This look's like a great kit.

About the front tires. Maybe you could fill the gap with white glue? Easy to do and clean and should not be visible under a primer coat.

Thanks guys.
Moonpuppy, I hope most of the engine will be visible; I've planned not to put the side hoods and not to glue the main hood

Richard, good idea ! I will try first with auto body putty. I got PPG beige putty and it seems works like Tamiya putty

Regards

Darío

Dario is that fishing leader wire very flexable or springy? I see a piece of tape that looks like it might be there to keep it from unwinding on you and was just wondering.

Nice looking kit
Tony Lee :)

Hi Tony. It is springly, but I red heated it over the kitchen flame. Even so, it still stay springly, but "lighter" :angry: (sorry, I always say that my english is worst than my figures :blush:)

Regards

Darío

Hello Dario, Your detail painting on the engine looks great :) Have always wanted one of these so will follow along with you.

Randy

Thanks Randy!

Well, I finnally found where goes the radiator hose; is as Trumpeter make in his engine and as the vehicle in Koblenz Museum

Weekend update:
Red arrows points to the tubes where the fuel go to pre-heat before enter into the engine (at leats...someone tell me that..I have not idea about engines :blush: )

DSCN5717b.jpg

At left, accelerator rod; at right, some steering mechanism parts...I think

DSCN5722b.jpg

Idem

DSCN5724.jpg

What I suppose was part of the brake system

DSCN5727.jpg

Clutch and brake pedals and rods

DSCN5734.jpg

The damned wheels: I filed .2 mm of the inner side of the big part and .2 mm of the outer side of the small part to get a more "realistic" look of the wheels

DSCN5732b.jpg

At left, the modified wheel; at right, the "out of box" wheel; you can see the step between the plastic and DS part

DSCN5733b.jpg

The B1 part (in light grey) Instruccions are not clear about the right position: I think it goes like in the pic

DSCN5730.jpg

Well, that's all for now. Tomorrow I will do the boring task of cut and file the wheels

Darío

Back