• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2cm Flakvierling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafette Sd.Kfz.7/1

Thank you very much, guys! :blush:

This is a "photoshoped sketch" of my scene:

DSCN6146d.jpg

But....I had the "great" idea of make (and place) Luftwaffe licence plates...and the soldiers belongs to the Heer :angry: (A friend gives me the Trumpeter crew for the Karl, just a day later the idea born in my head) :eek:hmy: Will see how to change the "LW" decals (they have a coat of floor polish)

DSCN6148b.jpg

DSCN6149.jpg

What do you think about the scene?

Darío

Definitely figure painting is not my thing :angry: They're not finished at all yet. Anyway....the scene layout: it still needs some grass, bushes, pebbles, ammo crates and a lot of waisted 2 cm ammo:

DSCN6162b.jpg

DSCN6163.jpg

DSCN6164.jpg

DSCN6165b.jpg

I thing the contrast between plane's shadow and the ground is too much...is not?

Darío

Dario Risso wrote:
Definitely figure painting is not my thing :angry: They're not finished at all yet. Anyway....the scene layout: it still needs some grass, bushes, pebbles, ammo crates and a lot of waisted 2 cm ammo:

DSCN6162b.jpg

DSCN6163.jpg

DSCN6164.jpg

DSCN6165b.jpg

I thing the contrast between plane's shadow and the ground is too much...is not?

Darío

Hi there.

The contrast between the plane's shadow and the ground would be quite strong if the aircraft was flying in strong sunlight and was flying low and depending on the time of day the overflight took place. Take a look outside at the shadows cast by some tree branches to get a good idea of the intensity of the shadow on the ground.

I think that you have added an interesting feature there wit that airplane shadow. Remember that it will need to bend and flow over anything that sits on the edge of the shadow. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how your scene develops.

Cheers from Peter

Dario,
Super job. Love all the detail that you have added. Looks great.
Keep posting the pictures so we can follow this build.
Shawn

Thanks boys!

Well, I spent a couple of weeks retouching and repainting and retouching and repainting and again, and again, those da__ed figures, just to obtaind 3 mediocres figures :blush:

DSCN6168b.jpg

DSCN6169b.jpg

DSCN6172.jpg

DSCN6173b.jpg

The case in the above pic contains incendiary munitions, wrapped in cardboard tubes

Pic from http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr FOR DISCUSSION ONLY

caisse2cm_pleine.gif

DSCN6178b.jpg

As always, comments are welcome

Darío

Darío,
Everything looks great... I think the shadow might be a bit too big...
That plane would be right on top of them to cast a shadow that big.
(It is one of the coolest idea's that I've seen in awhile though)...
I really like the way it's coming along. Love the figures and they really
do tell the story you are looking for.
Keep sending the pictures so we can follow along.
Shawn

Thanks guys!

These are the almost-final pics, those that help me to note "things to do"

DSCN6187.jpg

The shadow still has a gray border, no much convincing

DSCN6188.jpg

Dusty windshield

DSCN6189.jpg

The front wheels still lack of dust

DSCN6191.jpg

Repainted helmet, in Luftwaffe color

DSCN6192.jpg

DSCN6193.jpg

Bad pic of an Adler magazine (btw it was not glued yet and fly away in my terrace :angry: ) and a helmet from Trumpeter Karl's crew; note that the helmet has the inner leather cover molded :woohoo:

DSCN6194.jpg

Well, some fun with PS :laugh:

DSCN6197c.jpg

DSCN6197f.jpg

Cheers
Darío

Back