• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2cm Flakvierling 38 instrument panel

Hi everybody: in the Concord's book "German Artillerie at War" by Frank De Sisto, page 11, second pic, can be seen an instrument panel being manipulated by a crew. Ok, now the question:
that panel must be in ALL the 2cm flakvierling 38?
Dragon Sd.Kfz. 7/1 doesn't provide such part :unsure: and I can't find more pics of it

Thanks
Darío

Hi Dario,

I unfortunately do not have the concord book, but these maybe worth a quick look. The first is a link to the "Military equipment details for modelers" site with walkaround pictures of a Flak 38

Flak 38

The second is to a Polish Forum site. Near the bottom of the page there are a number of detail pictures of a control panel, but I think it,s from a Single Flak 38 mount and not a Quad

Polish Flak Forum

See what you think, hope its of some help to you anyway

Gary :)

Hi Dario, Dragon have supplied you with the less common Linear site which doesn't have the control panel, This is still correct for this kit. However you could also use the Flakvisor on this kit and be correct. This is the same as the one on the Dragon/Tristar 2cm Flak. This does need the control panel. This is also in the Griffon mega update for this kit. The linear site was an "early" type while the Flakvisor was a "latter" improvement on this early SdKfz 7/1. HTH Dean

Whoops, My bad..

Sorry Dario, In between wandering out to the shed, Looking up the info, coming back to the computer and having a conversation with my wife about "Those lawns arn't getting any shorter!" I managed to transpose the answer. The Flakvisor is the earlier site and the linear one the latter. Once again HTH. Off to mow the lawns now. Dean

Back