• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

25 Pounder

BAMM!! you are speedbuilding this one James! :D
It's looking real good and i will use your tips when i build mine.
:popcorn
//Mats

Thanks. Mats, if I were thinking straight I would try using blu tack or something gummy on the wheels so I could pull them off to paint the rubber later. Just a thought for when you do yours. It is a nice little kit.
James

thanks for the tip James!
Yeah i'm not sure why they did them in that colour, would have been better in black!
//Mats

Okay primed it. And found how tenuous the attachment point is for the wheels. Right wheel snapped off. They could have used a bigger tab for it and not compromised detail.

25-13.jpg

25-14.jpg

25-15.jpg

I used Vallejo Bronze Green primer.

The trailer was an exercise in aggravation. Poorly done drawings and miniscule attachment points. I glued the axles on in the wrong place. There is around peg and the back of the axle has a round hole the same size. The drawing makes you think to mate them.Instead the axle fits a step in the middle of the trailer. When you get the mud guards on you'll know if you did it wrong. The brake system on the wheels is also very fiddly. Finally got it sorted but this time I wont glue the wheels on till I'm done moving things around.

25-16.jpg

25-17.jpg

James

Coming along nicely James. I had the same problems that you describe with with Dragon's Sd.Kfz 7/1 with armored cab. That kit is so over engineered, the instructions leave so much to be desired that I shelved that kit, never to be touched again. In my opinion it is a $75 piece of garbage.

Joe

Okay primed it. And found how tenuous the attachment point is for the wheels. Right wheel snapped off. They could have used a bigger tab for it and not compromised detail.

25-13.jpg

25-14.jpg

25-15.jpg

I used Vallejo Bronze Green primer.

The trailer was an exercise in aggravation. Poorly done drawings and miniscule attachment points. I glued the axles on in the wrong place. There is around peg and the back of the axle has a round hole the same size. The drawing makes you think to mate them.Instead the axle fits a step in the middle of the trailer. When you get the mud guards on you'll know if you did it wrong. The brake system on the wheels is also very fiddly. Finally got it sorted but this time I wont glue the wheels on till I'm done moving things around.

25-16.jpg

25-17.jpg

James

Good fight James! :zen :zen :coolio

Thanks guys.

Well got the trailer done and primed. Started detail painting the gun. Got the tires painted. A bit more and then when trailer is finished start weathering.

DSC00917.JPG

DSC00918.JPG

DSC00919.JPG

DSC00920.JPG

DSC00921.JPG

DSC00922.JPG

Seat has a slight wood grain, but you cant see it in the pics. Noticed some sprue gates I missed on the back of the mud guards so cleaned that up ready for mud flaps. Comments and critiques welcome.

James

Back