• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

25 Pounder

Okay a bit more done this afternoon. Not sure I like the tires. A good ref is mandatory for this kit. Now to figure out the differences between the 2 types of recuperators (not sure what to call them.

25-5.jpg

25-4.jpg

James

Thanks Terry. Not yet. I have some more bobs and bits to add. Maybe tomorrow if I am lucky. I have to do small sessions today, cant sit too long. So its throwing my timings out.
James

What are you referring to as recuperators James? By the way it looks real smart there.

What are you referring to as recuperators James? By the way it looks real smart there.

I guess the real name is the cradle Paul. There are 2 types in the kit. One which is smooth with only a few bolts and one which is lined with bolts. From my understanding, what little I have, the smoother cradle is a later gun. So I guess if you were to build a Korean war version or later the smooth cradle is the way to go. Mine is WWII so the bolted up version.
James

Thanks everyone. Apart from some small things, not a bad kit. Light years ahead of the old Tamiya one for sure.
James

Thanks guys. Finally able to sit a bit and model. Enjoying this. Just about ready to prime.

James

Okay just a couple of wing nuts and some stuff on the front of the shield to attach. The gun in its cradle and trunnion are not glued in yet to facilitate painting. A couple of small parts on the left side of the shield inside are shown in the instructions, but no number is called out. They are A-26 and A-27.
I also glued on a couple of small chains at the latch handles which connect to the large wheel when it is raised. It really adds to the look and I recommend trying to find fine chain and adding if you do this kit.
Dragon gives you some PE to do the aiming pole brackets when the gun is in firing mode. Really looks good. I would use them even in tow mode and make some aiming poles to put in.

25-9.jpg

25-10.jpg

25-11.jpg

25-12.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome.
James

Just to keep you motivated,James. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEvYWY7lHO4&feature=player_detailpage

Greetings,Ron.

Back