• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1958 Edsel Gasser 10-14-18 Engine Details

1958 Edsel Gasser Working On The Details!??

Nice Mike!

The PE from the Hasagawa car kits have proven useful in my 1/24 Thunderbolt build ;)

I really like the look of the photoetch seat. :good:

Not the 427 SOHC engine then? Didja make the headers?
I LIKE it!
(y)

Thanks guys! I think the seat is going to be part of my hot rod arsenal, it is well detailed and proportioned for 1/25 scale. I have a couple Ford roadsters to build, stay tuned for those.

Nope, no Cammer this go. I borrowed the Y block engine from the '57 Ford kit, it fits without modification and is kind of unusual at the same time. The headers came from the same kit, they are SWELL! Wish I had a few more sets. :drool

I've got a few more update photos to post, just not enough hours in the evening lately. :frantic :mpup

Thanks for coming by.

:drinks

1958 Edsel Gasser More Details And Fun With Fire

Thanks Warren! Where have you been ? :ro:

Last weekend, I made a little progress but didn't get to post the pictures until today. I had turned a fire extinguisher from scrap sprue earlier, so I added some paint and details to it.

h50c5422.JPG

ha868c43.JPG

h56c48d5.JPG

Handle was made from scrap PE fret and soldered. The nozzle is brass pipe.

hb5120e2.JPG

Got a couple more parts to add to it, then decals and the hold down bracket.

One of the cool things about building cars is you can find all sorts of fun details. I knew I wanted to add wheelie bars to my Edsel and found a bitchin' set to copy.

hc11893d.jpg

I broke out the 1/16" and .025 brass rods, scrap PE frets and the soldering iron!

I'm not the most proficient solderer, but managed to get this ginned up on a Sunday afternoon.

h675a9b5.JPG

h518f22b.JPG

Still need to add the triangulating arms, but won't do that until closer to final assembly. I plan to make my own casters for the wheelie bars, we'll leave that for another day. :eek:hyeah

Only five more weeks before the Southeast Gassers run at Shadyside again! :frantic

Thanks for coming by, more to come!

The sheer amount / level of detail work going in to this project is breathtaking ! - Here's a little 'inspiration' to help you on your way, Mike:

h3674ee0.jpg

Just finished by one of the guys on a Facebook page that I'm a member of (NZ Model Petrolheads) - great minds thinking alike and all that. Looking forward to seeing this unfold.

Ian.

Thanks Warren! Where have you been ? :ro:

Last weekend, I made a little progress but didn't get to post the pictures until today. I had turned a fire extinguisher from scrap sprue earlier, so I added some paint and details to it.

h50c5422.JPG

ha868c43.JPG

h56c48d5.JPG

Handle was made from scrap PE fret and soldered. The nozzle is brass pipe.

hb5120e2.JPG

Got a couple more parts to add to it, then decals and the hold down bracket.

One of the cool things about building cars is you can find all sorts of fun details. I knew I wanted to add wheelie bars to my Edsel and found a bitchin' set to copy.

hc11893d.jpg

I broke out the 1/16" an .025 brass rods, scrap PE frets and the soldering iron!

I'm not the most proficient solderer, but managed to get this ginned up on a Sunday afternoon.

h675a9b5.JPG

h518f22b.JPG

Still need to add the triangulating arms, but won't do that until closer to final assembly. I plan to make my own casters for the wheelie bars, we'll leave that for another day. :eek:hyeah

Only five more weeks before the Southeast Gassers run at Shadyside again! :frantic

Thanks for coming by, more to come!

That's a gas man... :coolio

Love the wheelie bars, the original looks like they are made out of jack stands or something.

Great brass work Mike.
Anytime I can, I use brass.
Frank
:ro: :ro: :ro:

Interesting wheelie bars Mike . Rudimentary but simple is usually best.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you to all who took time to look and comment. (y)

Next up, engine work. :frantic

Thanks for dropping by, more to come. :drinks

It takes crazy Man-Skills to flop the front! That Hakko soldering rig MUST Rock!
Absolutely Outstanding!!
(y)
:notworthy
:dude
:ro:

Thanks, guys! Having a back up kit makes one brave! :mpup Right, Pup?

The Hakko does rock, although I had a little help from Mr Mini Torch on the heavy stuff. :evil:

Is it Saturday yet? Oh wait, I have to work this Saturday. :( :pinch:

Holding out for Sunday. :frantic

1958 Edsel Gasser 9-29-18

Still slicing and dicing on the Edsel, working on more of the small stuff. How about an Optima battery?

h5e79ea4.jpg

Using stryene rod and sheet, I made one.

h7558c33.JPG

I used my straightedge and a putty spreader to keep things lined up while gluing.

h349d8e6.JPG

hd3d1c33.JPG

haeff654.JPG

Sending a master copy to Rhino for TLAR to add to the offering.

h2239710.jpeg

More to come, thanks for coming by.

Back