• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1956 Ford Victoria

Thinking out loud here ................

Maybe fade the paint out a lot on the upper body panels, then streaks down the sides with different shades of base color.

Or even paint the center of the hood, roof, trunk lid, upper surface of the quarter panels and fenders with a "hull red," then around the edges with grey primer and then fade the paint around that. You could even sand lightly to get that weathered paint look.

I found these pictures of weathered cars with the rounded body style like the 56
589519835_n.jpg

6577_n.jpg

R192.jpg

36745_n.jpg

47435_n.jpg

hope that helps

Thanks guys...the rust is rustoleum rust primer...and I thought I'd go shiny for the finish and weather it down...so after the hairspray, I used Tamiya spray paint not thinking about the fact it was enamel :(

Woops..yeah that'll pretty much seal it. Has to be an Acrylic on top of the hairspray. Screw it,do it again. :popcorn

Bit o' progress...doesn't seem nearly enough for a decrepit wreck....
006~51.jpg

009~33.jpg

008~38.jpg

007~49.jpg

Need to remove the rust slop from the wheels and add loads more dust....

you can almost smell the old mud and grease on that old Vicky, it looks real sharp Mike

Here's a good amount more dirt...my wife paid the ultimate compliment- saying it looked like this thing belonged in a junkyard! ;) Then she did something she has never done before-- she is supportive of my hobby but has never suggested I buy a kit before ;) She thinks I should buy one and do it showroom quality as a contrast...just might do that ;)

005~58.jpg

007~50.jpg

008~39.jpg

009~34.jpg

Thinking of adding some junk inside...and trying to figure if I will do a base or not-- I have zero display space right now so I need to remedy that as well....

Growing up in Dallas in the late 50's and early 60's Dad used to take us to the figure 8's and stock car races. What ever was smacked in the figure 8 was used in the demolition derby. Mike this brings back a lot of very fond memories.

Thanks guys!

Paul-- very glad to hear it ;). Anytime I can spark an emotion or memory from something I've built makes it all worthwhile ;)

Looking good Mike. I would weather the rest of the decals, maybe chip them up. They look a little "new" compared to the rest of the car.

Back