• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1930 Model A Ford Sedan Body

Thanks guys! :good:

Found a couple Factory assembly line photos, kinda cool

download~11.jpg

Model-A-Assembly.jpg

Last week I tried to make a couple wheel wells :bang head

I first traced the rear fender out on an index card. Cut that out and then traced it on to .020 styrene sheet
DSC06029_zpskqybuhfm.jpg

Going to have to come up with something else the compound curves of the wheel wells a beating me :pinch:

real thing, inside right rear wheel well (with a patch panel :pp )
010_zpscnsgdbrj.jpg

different car, outside right rear wheel well
D17441B2-3578-4815-9667-561E50892401_zpshjgpkrbq.jpg

Hope to get this look
005~5.jpg

You could try making one from aluminum (loomium for the rest of the world :rotf), I like to use step flashing because a 5" x 7 " piece is about 40 cents USD and they are easily bent and formed. Sand the shape you want on a piece of wood to use as a buck and hammer away. It may take a couple tries, but you'll have plenty of material to use. Other than that, I guess you could adapt the inner fenders from a '32 Ford kit, won't be exactly correct, but should be somewhat close. :good:

I was trying o think of heat ... but the wood thing would work that sheet styrene melts with a light bulbs heat lay it over the wood form and set a desk lamp over it for a while ... :ro: :dude

You could try making one from aluminum (loomium for the rest of the world :rotf), I like to use step flashing because a 5" x 7 " piece is about 40 cents USD and they are easily bent and formed. Sand the shape you want on a piece of wood to use as a buck and hammer away. It may take a couple tries, but you'll have plenty of material to use. Other than that, I guess you could adapt the inner fenders from a '32 Ford kit, won't be exactly correct, but should be somewhat close. :good:

Never thought of that. Just might give it a try. Thanks! (y)

I was trying o think of heat ... but the wood thing would work that sheet styrene melts with a light bulbs heat lay it over the wood form and set a desk lamp over it for a while ... :ro: :dude

I did think of making a buck and using the oven to heat some styrene sheet and press in on. Yeah I do not have a vacuum former. :hmmm I could make one I guess

I did think of making a buck and using the oven to heat some styrene sheet and press in on. Yeah I do not have a vacuum former. :hmmm I could make one I guess

I really Believe you can Jeff must be 180 degrees from what you want ... Mirror logic you know ... :ro: :dude

Kinda came up with an idea yesterday while painting on the Zelda. That idea being stick the plastic along the wheel well opening, then cut, file, fill, etc until they look right.

017_zpshhcht73h.jpg

016_zpsiwja4lx2.jpg

Back