• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1930 Model A Ford Sedan Body

I did manage something done this weekend. I just could not get the flow working at all the last days off.

I cut out the roof on the body, ground for rust out on the quarter panels and removed the visor.

Body before cutting :evil:

011_zpsmnkwxv33.jpg

012_zpse4pzyutt.jpg

quarters ground

013_zpstyjbtyu0.jpg

014_zpsljaqxxnq.jpg

the roof opened up,

015_zpshe9nkihx.jpg

Thanks guys!

My work and sleep schedule has been messed up the last couple weeks. I'm finding it hard to have enough awareness to work on something. I did sit down last night a did some small stuff. Not burning up the barn :unsure: I'm going to have to start saving for a new camera as this one is not focusing on small items very well anymore. Sorry for the poor photos. Should have seen the ones I deleted :facepalm

Marked and drilled the holes for tacking the fabric top on. Then I sanded and filed off any remaining fabric texture from the body.

009_zpsdvryqbix.jpg

014_zpsv264xlub.jpg

Marked and drilled holes on the cowl for where pot rivets would have held the welting. I also scribed around the parts trying to create a little gap . I then removed the kit header and made a new one front styrene angle. This part would hold the wood header for mounting the visor, windshield, and fabric top.

010_zpsmllnrwpi.jpg

011_zpsgla2i04m.jpg

013_zpssv26safh.jpg

Started on scratching the gas tank. I took the kit part and then added some thick styrene

015_zpszfq9wjor.jpg

Kinda where it is at as of last night

012_zpsxxfjm3hc.jpg

I've been thinking the same thing myself ... Funny we never remember how old something is until we have no money extra ... Nice job on the scratch work ... Gas tank and roof looking good ... :drool :salute

If you have any photo editing software on your computer, try taking a wider shot that is in focus and then crop the image to show your closeup. The more megapixels you have, the sharper the cropped picture will be.

That's a lot of little holes! I'd have been BSC at the end of that session. (y) :drinks

Set out last night to get something done. First off I got a little smarter and took pictures of the inner body structure of my sedan body. I was walking out to the garage and looking at a part then going back to the house :facepalm

I created some body damage by thinning the back side of the body and doors. This was for rust out and bullet holes. These old car bodies must make good targets I guess. I also added some dents with a Dremel tool.

016_zpsz0yrn02a.jpg

018_zpsc5apra93.jpg

019_zpsa3ulpsh5.jpg

021_zpsmnnen1ol.jpg

022_zps3y3cqukv.jpg

037_zpswxxd8cct.jpg

023_zpsfi3gkaul.jpg

024_zpsddmhwmsa.jpg

030_zpsysqqemzz.jpg

032_zpskz48jbfg.jpg

I finished shaping the gas tank and test fit it. Found out I over shaped (took to much off) and had to go back and add some styrene strip
025_zpsfad9yrza.jpg

026_zps90gowuhu.jpg

I then used a Dremel tool to hog out the center of the tank. This is where the stock gauges would be mounted. I also made a dimple for the stock wiring
028_zpsrd6knqsz.jpg

029_zpsgadycw9r.jpg

Final test fit, I'll have to paint the back side of the cowl before sticking the tank in place for good.
034_zpslpygbdji.jpg

035_zpsztg6ahog.jpg

I made the inner door structure parts out of strip styrene and styrene stock. I'm going to glue these parts on until after the inner door is painted.
031_zpstuo1rxna.jpg

033_zpsxvkckoig.jpg

I also made the side window, window regulator body mount parts out of styrene
036_zpsye7iff2k.jpg

Back