• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1930 Model A Ford Sedan Body

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Start up photos, this is out of the parts box for Model A's, Revell sedan delivery body.

338_zpsf2hx7odz.jpg

Trying for this look

3031.jpg

Hey! I did something on this project last night! :facepalm

Been kicking around ordering another kit for this as I'm not wild about cutting and fixing up the only Sedan Delivery body I have. I could have sworn I had a full kit somewhere but just can't find it, so maybe I don't. Going to see if there a true Sedan kit in a store when I go to Denver and if not going to go through Ebay for one. The cowl parts are the same no matter which kit I use.

I first removed the casting blobs on the inside of the cowl. I think the mold is really scratched up causing that issue.

DSC05739_zpsz0xjpqf7.jpg

Then removed the molded on windshield frame. On enclosed Model A's the windshield can swing out at the bottom for air follow.

DSC05740_zpscanga8uh.jpg

I then thinned down the back side of the cowl at the bottom with a dremel.

DSC05742_zpsqpsvttun.jpg

On A's there is a cross support at also acts like a vent when the windshield is open. It is also visible when the windshield frame is not in place. Scratched this out of styrene strip.

real thing
001~8.jpg

Some better pictures of my 29 Sedan, it is different some what but with the cowl and stock gas tank off you really see the cross support

DSC02940_zps59f32a58.jpg

DSC02972_zps2a29abf2.jpg

DSC02973_zps9899dbfa.jpg

DSC02975_zps71e181b3_28129.jpg

DSC05748_zpsojnlfr3u.jpg

DSC05751_zpsso0xe4qy.jpg

DSC05755_zpsepl89vmx.jpg

On the parts I thinned down I punched though with a knife to give it the look of rusted out sheet metal

DSC05761_zpszdbh5dqf.jpg

DSC05763_zpsggh5bcro.jpg

This is the back side of the gas tank, steering column support, dash and trim all molded as one. Along with some great punch out marks. I removed the marks first and then cut the trim away from the tank/dash. I'm going to have to build a gas tank as it will be visible on this build.

DSC05741_zpspeig9p45.jpg

DSC05744_zpsgnaxs2an.jpg

The door(s) before removing the molded on detail. The detail is right but the door needs to be thickened up, plus I'm not going to have upholstery. Filed and sanded it all away.

DSC05743_zpsrilwmbkk.jpg

DSC05746_zpsc3sa9nte.jpg

Left door after filing and sanded compared to the right door

DSC05747_zpskefapu69.jpg

Finished sanding the inside of the doors and then I added a dent to the right door

DSC05758_zpsn8biksy9.jpg

That is it for now :drinks

This is looking very good Jeff ... Now I have one Question ... I take it you have both sizes of Model A's ... On the small one are you going for a "Rat Rod Look" like Prototype ... If so ...

:woohoo: Nice Job !!! :woohoo:

Ok checked the campaign title answered My own Question ... :salute :drool :woohoo:

Very interesting . :popcorn You quit too soon. I was hoping you would finish that door .

Oh well, next episode :(

Cheer, Christian B)

Rock on! Rust never sleeps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t00MXZKbW0M

:drinks

Back