• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

109x3

Adam

Doing three 109's like I said I would do. Eduard's abortion in 1/48. and also the Revell G-10 and the Otaki G-6. That's what I've got on hand so that's what you're getting. My plan is to use the Profipack to spruce up the other kits as well as a little bit of aftermarket I've got stashed away. It ain't right but it's gonna be better than nothing I think! Here's what we got so far:

20150104_172038_zps8a852e88.jpg

This is Eduard's PE going in the Eduard G-6. I don't know why RLM 66 is purple to them but that's how it is and it really sucks they can't get the colors of their PE right because otherwise it is awesome.

20150104_235403_zpsd5544ddf.jpg

This is Eduard's raised detail IP plus their decal laid down over it. I did not touch it just let Mr. Mark softener do his job and this it how it turned out. I think it looks better than the PE. This is going in the Otaki kit.

20150104_235213_zpsd65b90be.jpg

Finally I did the Revell kit's IP. It would be fine if the stuff lined up but it doesn't. I cut into 3 pieces and it still didn't line up right but that's how it's staying now.

20150104_235416_zpsfe7bfee9.jpg

More later when I start figuring this out!

So it's 327..3*109...get it..nevermind.

Looking good so far Adam.

BTW, what's the issue with Eduards 109?

Besides a little complaint here and there over some small details, the major issue is that the fuselage is too long from the cockpit back and the wings are too long in the section of the flaps and ailerons. This makes the model the wrong scale but it is not even the same scale between the wing and fuselage errors. Also the landing gear need modification to have the correct "splay" and forward rake. This is a pretty easy fix I guess. :hmmm

I could make a picture with a bunch of red and yellow lines on it! :rotf

Back