• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Panzer II

DennisMcQ

While I am working on my Panzer 38 weathering I wanted to get another kit under construction.

I went with another Tamiya 1/48 Panzer II.

This is a really good little kit.

Only complaint is that the springs for the suspension are molded onto the hull. I will work around this.

The tracks are so tiny and finicky that I had to glue them onto the running gear to keep it from falling apart at the slightest touch.

I am also using RB Model 20mm and MG34 barrels. These were dirt cheap on Luckymodel and look way better than the kit parts.

One complaint about the 20mm barrel is that the base of the barrel is not there. I had to very carefully drill out the plastic part and fit it over the brass barrel. Fortunately for me this worked perfectly.

Looks fine to me Dennis! (y)

The RB Model gun barrels look pretty cool,didn't know they had the 20mm KwK 30 available also. :cheer:

Gr,Ron.

I gotta tell ya, I like these types of tracks better than some of the friuls I've been banging my head over. Looking good. :popcorn

NEAT STUFF! I really like the 1/48 scale, too bad it isn't more popular :good:

While I am working on my Panzer 38 weathering I wanted to get another kit under construction.

I went with another Tamiya 1/48 Panzer II.

This is a really good little kit.

Only complaint is that the springs for the suspension are molded onto the hull. I will work around this.

The tracks are so tiny and finicky that I had to glue them onto the running gear to keep it from falling apart at the slightest touch.

I am also using RB Model 20mm and MG34 barrels. These were dirt cheap on Luckymodel and look way better than the kit parts.

One complaint about the 20mm barrel is that the base of the barrel is not there. I had to very carefully drill out the plastic part and fit it over the brass barrel. Fortunately for me this worked perfectly.

Thank you everyone!

I do a lot of my construction at work during my lunch hour.

This guy is ready to make the trip home today for the final stages.
I am going to hollow out the headlights, add the antenna and attempt to do the figure.
This will be my first attempt at a figure so if you never see him or hear me speak of him again, it went terribly wrong.

The next stage will be a coat of primer.

PanzerII_1.jpg

PanzerII_2.jpg

Well done Dennis!

There are a great batch of folks on here who are huge talents when it comes to figure painting...I am not one of them- but posting pics will get you some good feedback ;)

Nice little Panzer Dennis . I concur with the figure painter comments ( just not me ).

I've never noticed what appears to be an S hook on the right fender .

Cheers, Christian B)

Well done Dennis!

There are a great batch of folks on here who are huge talents when it comes to figure painting...I am not one of them- but posting pics will get you some good feedback ;)

Here is my first attempt at figure painting. This is really small!

I was using an optivisor when painting it and was getting very frustrated because it just didn't look right. I took the optivisor off and I was suddenly quite happy with the face.

I did some detail painting and I will do some highlights after it dries and I give it a clear coat.

Any hints at what I could do better next time would be helpful!

let me know what you think.

Dennis

Ummm yeah- no complaints here either ;). My first attempt looked like a failed Wallace and Grommit character ;)

Back