• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Me262a1 "White 3"

Been a bit distracted from the bench as of the last couple of days. A very good friend of mine, Tommy Flournoy, had been in the hospital in and out of the ICU over the course of the last few months with lung issues that Covid had left him with. Never got sick, never been to the hospital or even to the doctor for any concerns. He was doing alright through it all and looked like he was finally headed in the right direction and then all of a sudden it took a turn for the worst on Monday. He passed away two days later on Wed. afternoon. One of the very best men that I've ever met with a magnetic personality and you just couldn't help but to like him. What a loss to anyone who knows him and a total train wreck to those of us who were close. I'm a spiritual guy and know these things happen but somehow....this one here caught me off guard. I'll get back in here and post regularly after a bit fellas. Just gotta get through this.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas. I appreciate all the kind words and prayers. My wife and I gave his wife a ride home and we were there when his wife told the kids and there are four. Ages ranging from his oldest daughter of 20 and the youngest being his 12 year old son. The pain in that room was indescribable. Terrible loss to the whole family.
We're leaving out tomorrow morning headed out to Paris, Tx. for his funeral. There's no question in my mind where he's really at right now and he's doing a whole lot better. His family and everyone else is sure gonna miss the guy down here though.

A pic taken late last year....

i7pq0J.jpg

Thanks potna. Got back from the funeral on Monday and went back to work. Really didn't feel like doing much but......life goes on.

Working with the canopy this week and hoping to get it all finished up by next Monday. Still got a few things to do for my friend Tommy and his family by helping with the local memorial service for folks who couldn't attend the funeral up north.

The funeral......man...........there was as much laughter as there were tears. A few of us got up in front of everybody to tell our best....and at times most funny memories with him. It was a sporadic comedy show intermixed with some heartfelt feelings of loss. Great sendoff for a really great and incredible guy.

I have delivered a few eulogies over the years. My Seester's friends call me "The Deacon" when nothing much could be further from the truth. You did it right. This right here Life ends for every man. All we leave behind is our stashes and our story. Make sure the Story is a good one!

My sincere condolences. I am very sorry for your loss. COVID has devastated families all over the world and will still remaining doing so until we can get all vaccinated - everyone all over. What happened to your friend is unfortunately all too familiar and for all of us working on the front lines of the pandemic it is always like a personal loss - one more we couldn't help.

Alex

Thanks to all of you for the very kind words. Just been a whirlwind of emotions over the last few days. Just as many thoughts of what it must be like for the family in addition to missing Tommy myself. We had his wife and kids over yesterday for some snacks and deserts and enjoyed good company with one another. We're staying close and supportive while all the while allowing them their own space to heal. I'll be making a slow comeback over the next few days.

My heart went out to Jamie's son, Gavin. I do not Facehole and I swear never will. My Sweetie serves as Facehole liason and has been showing me pictures of Jamie Luther's family in moments of levity.
Nobody's daddy should take his Trip up to Heaven when they are 8 years old.
I have a treasured, trusted friend who's Daddy passed away when he was a teenager, while he was out running an errand and that sounded way rough!

Keep the Faith, Lil' Brother. It gets better. I promise it do.

Thanks to all of you for the very kind words. Just been a whirlwind of emotions over the last few days. Just as many thoughts of what it must be like for the family in addition to missing Tommy myself. We had his wife and kids over yesterday for some snacks and deserts and enjoyed good company with one another. We're staying close and supportive while all the while allowing them their own space to heal. I'll be making a slow comeback over the next few days.
The biggest thing that people forget about is the grieving process can take a long while. Many people are there for the family for a while, but there always comes a time when everyone seems to forget about them. Just keep it in mind.

Thank you for the supportive and encouraging comments fellas. I took today off just to make it a 4 day weekend for me so I can shake some of this gloomy atmosphere off. Gonna get our son out of the house today just to get him away from here for a bit. As of now he stays in the house all day long when we are at work and neither myself or my wife likes that let alone him. Pretty soon he'll have his drivers license so he can go visit some of his friends.
I do hear what you're saying about folks forgetting about the family. We're pretty close with them so it shouldn't be much of a problem keeping in touch with them and helping them through some of the throws. Fortunately these kids weren't in school yet so they'll have at least some time to get back to some sort of normalcy before going back.

Taking off today helped me to finally finish this bad boy. I'm pretty dang happy with most all of this build but I didn't like the way the windscreen assembly fit onto the fuselage and would've made things really bad if I would've tried to correct it now. It actually looks better in person than it shows in pictures but I've gotta learn to test fit ALL of the parts which I did on this build but somehow the windscreen being a separate clear assy threw me off some on that area of test fit.
Anyhow here's the completed aircraft.

s9zUmI.jpg

x598pw.jpg

v3reSM.jpg

SBYemn.jpg

dzg51c.jpg

A27Ypd.jpg

50hejh.jpg

4OtzUW.jpg

msvLFK.jpg

Uc3wwW.jpg

hVQvRo.jpg