• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Me262a1 "White 3"

mustang1989

I can’t remember the last time I started an aircraft model. Sheesh! What’s it been now…five years?? Just haven’t felt comfortable with my painting and weathering skills until the finish up of my Ar 234 last year. Additionally, automotive modeling has given me a new spin on airbrushing. Well…I guess it’s about time to bust out with one huh?

I've got this build going on elsewhere but I'll start a thread here to hit the highlights along the way to where I'm at currently.

43d322de60533ea04fd1ed194eb6dbe93697a875_2_666x500.jpeg

Nice, our old friend Matroxone told me that's the best kit to get for a Luftwaffe aircraft. I got one in the stash also. Looking forward to your build. :popcorn

That is very nice! I love the detailing.

I actually live only 15km away from the site of the Me 262 first flight (Laupheim AB in Bavaria). I wish they had kept one as a memorial there..

Cheers

Alex

Dig the painting approach. :popcorn
Thanks Bob. Upon re-entry into the aircraft world I approached the painting area from a whole new standpoint. The short of the long story is it used to be primer, preshade panel lines and then apply color. Then it was off to the washes for the panel lines and a flat coat. That method just didn't seem to carry enough depth to it so ......I backed off from building altogether to get some additional perspectives and ideas. This method here seemed to work for me on my 234 Blitz but I hadn't yet perfected my method. I've been really trying to get this one right so I'm going alot slower with the painting process.

Camo rocks! :good:
Thanks Mike. I appreciate the encouragement bud.

Back