• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Me262a1 "White 3"

I've been getting more bold in the plw things of late and I think some more practice is in store for me here. I also have a bunch of mottling stencils to add to that effect so I am keeping my eye on you, Joe.🔬

Thanks Impisi!

This is what I'm shooting for here:

White 3 II.jpg

White 3.jpg

Top side camo coming more together and tried my hand at the first attempt on the side mottling on this bird.......

aXsTjA.jpg

But didn't care for it much because the mottle pattern started too low on the sides so I re-applied the RLM 76 and mottled again....there....that's more like it....

URCgMH.jpg

That Schmitt is looking sweet Joe...great paint job! :good:
Thanks Eric. Paint was super thinned down and applied while using a lamp for reflective purposes on the surfaces. I use that method to apply paint in a very thin coats as the paint dries almost as soon as it hits the surface.

Nice work!
:good:
Thanks Mike!

After the gloss coat. Note to self.....do not use Vallejo Gloss Clear again. That stuff was very hard for me to work with. Just different I'm sure.

1622468439832.png

and after a few cals.....

Those #3's were giving me a little static but other than that everything else worked out. NOTE....Do NOT EVER buy decals from Peddinghaus. OMG they're bad. I only used the big 3's and the tail numbers out of the whole set. Just terrible in terms of out of scale lettering and walkway red dash sizes. It was like there was little to no research on them. For the rest of the stenciling decals I used the EagleCals set that I started out with on this one before I decided to build White 3.

1622468493360.png

I've only used the Vallejo gloss a couple of times and they don't seem work too well. I had mine peal on me. I'm sure I did it wrong by someone's standards but it remains, I throw rocks at it.

Looking good. :popcorn

I've only used the Vallejo gloss a couple of times and they don't seem work too well. I had mine peal on me. I'm sure I did it wrong by someone's standards but it remains, I throw rocks at it.

Looking good. :popcorn
Thanks Bob. I haven't had any peel on me yet thankfully. Was it while removing a mask?

Back