• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Lockheed CP-140 Aurora

3D-Looks Good.gif

Next up screwjack actuators for the flaps?
Chris you gotta be proud of this even at this point!
Thanks, yes quite happy with the build to this point.
the instructions included in the C-130 flaps set illustrate how to build the screw jacks (as the instructions say, not included) from thin wire or plastic rod. I’m this far in I can’t not make them right?

Have to say i haven't seen rivet decals before but what a great idea, presumably they are just markers ? I have a rivet template but this is a much better idea for curved surfaces...learning all the time :)

Have to say i haven't seen rivet decals before but what a great idea, presumably they are just markers ? I have a rivet template but this is a much better idea for curved surfaces...learning all the time :)
there are sets for several aircraft out there. Forget the manufacture, I'm sure someone will tell us here soon. I did it on a Bf109 a couple of years ago. Prime it then huge decal sheets of resin rivets and panel lines. Turned out very nice.

there are sets for several aircraft out there. Forget the manufacture, I'm sure someone will tell us here soon. I did it on a Bf109 a couple of years ago. Prime it then huge decal sheets of resin rivets and panel lines. Turned out very nice.
The "rivet" decals in use here are Archer Fine Transfers (now out of business) but there are a couple of other makers, just google resin rivet decals...?

Just when you think you can't be any more astounded, The right reverend Chris preaches from the pulpit of amazing model making! :notworthy

So the window and doors guy came around and finished the install
I've added the last few things I could think of, It's not true to a prototype merely a representation of a CP-140..in my "striving for mediocrity" kind of way
IMG_5830.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5832.jpg
IMG_5833.jpg

IMG_5835.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg
IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5841.jpg

Thanks to all those who offered help, advice, "likes" or just stopped by for a look

Back