• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Italeri A-36 Apache

Jeeves

Well-- I won't be starting until the Havoc and Stuka are done, but here's the intro pic. Going to add the True Details cockpit set to this because I hate myself ;)

004~49.jpg

Well get a good intro picture next time Mike, time stamp on the unbuilt kit, not just the box. (y)

Aw crap...can do that tomorrow...kids came home and interrupted me ;). No worries....haven't touched it yet.

Well...I pulled a quad playing baseball the other day...but it's all good ;)

However, I hobbled up to the CMD to take pics only to realize I didn't have my phone with me...so I'm going to have to ask for some grace as I don't relish another hobble up two flights of stairs ;) Here is the unstarted kit complete with extra resin....

006~47.jpg

If I recall, it was the only American scheme available on the sheet, but I'll have to check again...why-- did you want them for yourself? I can certainly do another one if you'd like them...Lord knows I owe you one or two favors ;)

Ah gotcha! Yeah...at least it doesn't wrap around the nose like the Havoc ;). Ought to be a bit easier...

OK-- I have decided against the Sharkmouth scheme-- no offense to you Saúl- but that scheme is for a Corsica bird which really isn't a desert one-- so I am going with the Operation Torch one instead.

I've sort of mixed and matched using the True Details stuff- for this one side it works well
005~53.jpg

but for the other, the kit part actually has a bit more detail...so I kept it instead-
006~49.jpg

The floor part was very close in detail...but in the end, the resin won out-
007~45.jpg

Still have the radio deck to cut free and work on the instrument panel-- and then paint ;)

Yeah I suppose...but I'm really leaning towards the yellow surrounds on the insignia and the 'Murican flag on the tailfin ;)

Not a huge fan on the wing root joins...still need a bit more work-- but the bottom side was all good so I sprayed gray last night...once I fix the roots and mask canopies, it's on to the OD!!!

001~61.jpg

Need to check the dihedral of those wings, looks like its low the way that forward joint is.

:popcorn

Nah-- they just weren't attached correctly yet ;)

Here we go:
015~6.jpg

Decals are more than halfway done...

Clear parts were a nightmare to assemble...when paired with my clumsiness that is...
012~17.jpg

More later...

Back