• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 CMK A3 Fuel Trailer

jeaton01

Not an airplane but they don't go anywhere without fuel, so I'll put it here. Doesn't seem like it fits in armor.

The kit consists of resin and lots of PE, I left some off. I replaced the tow loop, the axle, and the vertical shaft in the landing gear, and its pivot shaft, with music wire as the resin didn't look like it would last through much handling. The landing gear can be posed up or down. The hose is left over from the Tamiya Airfield Fuel Truck, I haven't found a nozzle for the end of it yet. There were no decals supplied, the markings are from my ALPS printer. There are areas I could have done better but for my purposes, which is to make my airplanes more interesting, it seems fine. I may yet go back and work on the seam on the front of the tank, I was hoping it would pass as a weld seem but it's pretty obvious in some of the photos. At this point you have to be pretty careful how you handle it because there is PE sticking out everywhere.

0011a3trlr.jpg

0021a3trlr.jpg

0031a3trlr.jpg

0071a3trlr.jpg

0091a3trlr.jpg

0101a3trlr.jpg

0111a3trlr.jpg

0121a3trlr.jpg

Thanks, guys. The hose is left over from the Tamiya 1/48 airfield fuel truck. It has a brass wire run through it to hold the shape. I've messed with enough hoses in flying, farming, and well drilling to get a sense of how I want them to look. I wish I had that sense for painting faces. Not a clue!

Back