• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 AccMin ILYUSHIN IL2-M3 Stormovik

One thing about this kit that suprised me... AccMin gave me the option fer weighted or non-weighted tires!! B) (y)

Ok fellas, here's some pics fer y'all... :captain
hf616449.JPG

hcc7512e.JPG

hfbc73f5.JPG

ha11cb92.JPG

he9374e8.JPG

This is about as fer as I kin go right now... So, we wait...
I have other projects that need some attention... :drinks

Eddy I promise you those sink marks up in the wheel well will never be seen, but you got them covered well so carry on. :popcorn

Good job Ed .... I'm very impressed ...... in your putty work I must learn putty control ..... I could save some money in that deptment .... and your friend from SA wouldn't have anything bad to say about my work .... tell you the truth looks like your winning this war .... :eek:ldguy

Good job Ed .... I'm very impressed ...... in your putty work I must learn putty control ..... I could save some money in that deptment .... and your friend from SA wouldn't have anything bad to say about my work .... tell you the truth looks like your winning this war .... :eek:ldguy

Thanks Gerry! I learnt a long time ago about putty work. started off as a kid of 11 yrs old workin' prep work in an autobody repair shop during the summer. Not to mention doing my own bodywork as I got older & working odd jobs fixin' up houses & such. Just remember this, a little goes a long way...

Thanks fellas. I don't have much more I can do at the moment on this So, will have to move onto other projects until my paints come in.

Just giving this a bump whilst I await the paints so I can carry on with this. Seems there's a problem with finding the Interior Gray-Green tho. Any suggestions fellas? Russian birds are a bit out of my comfort zone...

This is the best guide Ed.

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_soviet.htm

James

Not sure if you wanted paint advice-- but the Akan line at Linden Hill is pretty impressive for Soviet VVS paints...

Not sure if you wanted paint advice-- but the Akan line at Linden Hill is pretty impressive for Soviet VVS paints...

What I'm looking for is an alternative for the interior color. which is Interior gray green but, can't seem to find it via online. Not being into building russian stuff, (My main poison is USN a/c) Gess I'm not Clint Eastwood cuz I can't think in russian.... :bang head

Managed to pick up a bottle of Testors Acrylic Flat Black Thurs. and finished off the I.P. last night. Will post pics later on. Gonna look it over & see what else I can paint as well... Stay tuned!

Back