• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 AccMin ILYUSHIN IL2-M3 Stormovik

Sitting here conducting research on this build and, have some questions & hopefully y'all got an answer... :idonno The instructions call for flat Black I.P. yet, I see others have done the I.P. in a lt. gray. Very few cockpit shots are in color other than of builds. and real pit pics are few & far between that are not out of a restored bird.
THanks for any advice. I've been to the VVS site? and not much there

The short answer is yes.

Like Dave said, there's so many factors into what colors were actually used. Pick your flavor and press on. :skipper

Sitting here conducting research on this build and, have some questions & hopefully y'all got an answer... :idonno The instructions call for flat Black I.P. yet, I see others have done the I.P. in a lt. gray. Very few cockpit shots are in color other than of builds. and real pit pics are few & far between that are not out of a restored bird.
THanks for any advice. I've been to the VVS site? and not much there

The short answer is yes.

Like Dave said, there's so many factors into what colors were actually used. Pick your flavor and press on. :skipper

Ok, so Dave is partly right huh? :S OK, I think I'll go ahead n do the I.P. Flat Black since I'm feelin' it'll be best dat way...

Not much of an update but, I busted open the bags & started cleaning up the parts & assembled da fuel tank, slapped some aluminum on the straps, let it dry then laid down some black paint. After a bit, I took a tooth pick & cleaned up the straps as best I could & went back over them with a dry brushing of aluminum. Will attempt to take some pics to post ina bit. Raining here today so, lighting is a bit off :S
Doing what I can as I await the paint man ta come thru... :frantic

Here y'all go... PICS!! :idonno

hb31ce62.JPG

h28922d7.JPG

h546c437.JPG

h5d68c04.JPG

h51af17a.JPG

OK ..... Ok I'll Get it on the Way I have the Flat black & some gold also but ... you keep adding colors to the order .... :eek:ldguy .... Waiting on My Squadron Order Now .... :skipper :eek:ldguy

OK ..... Ok I'll Get it on the Way I have the Flat black & some gold also but ... you keep adding colors to the order .... :eek:ldguy .... Waiting on My Squadron Order Now .... :skipper :eek:ldguy

HEY, Calm down Gerry!! I'm waiting patiently here... I gess I can go work on my 1/96 Connie or my PBY-5A in the meantime :drinks
DO needta git back in it :facepalm

Are you sure its not parts for an T34 :evil:

:hmmm Ya know Dave.... :bat :bat :bat :pp :rotf
Mwhuhahahahaha :evil:

No wisecracks from da nut gallery :bat :bat :pp
Are you talking to yourself AGAIN Ed? :D

Yes and the only trouble is He's taking His own advice ....... :eek:ldguy

Itz da only way I kin git Expert advice!!! :evil: :snoopy

Just a slight update. I managed to git the main wheels assembled & painted. Will post pics ina bit. Also assembled the bombs, just needta paint them. Been watchin' my grandnephew so, things are a little slow at the bench right now. I get to babysit him every other week. (y) :D

Back