• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/350 Pre Dreadnought Tsesarevich.

Just a tech term Saul ,a bending brake has a folding beam, 100% agree with what you said :)

It is a proper technical term and I used it to differentiate from the others since many reviewers called all of them bending brakes, which they obviously (for the reason you stated) are not. It is also the strongest as it doesn't rely on half etching to bend thicker brass sheets uniformly and crisply.
 
Getting more PE on the foremast.
Btw, I'm liking the new bender.
21256 (1).jpeg
 
Looks great Tim but one question.
1791162625890.png

Is this right? The platform looks backwards. Or at least the supports look backwards. Or does it rest up against the smoke stack?
 
Trying something new for me. Saw another modeller that swears by using Matte medium as an adhesive for Photo etch and bonding pre painted parts with out fear of globs of glue showing or messing up the paint work, as it's acrylic and dries flat and clear.
Still have to tack the photo etch in place with CA just to keep it from moving when brushing the thinned Matte medium. Once dry it's supposed to leave a nice smooth permanent bond.
I've tested it on the foremast PE. So far so good.
20261005_184553.jpg
20261005_184810.jpg
 
I've used Future (with Pledge) in the past, I can see the flat working better.

The hobbylobby isn't carrying the Liquitex stuff anymore. I suppose we're having to get everything on line now.
 
I've used Future (with Pledge) in the past, I can see the flat working better.

The hobbylobby isn't carrying the Liquitex stuff anymore. I suppose we're having to get everything on line now.
It's hit or miss at the Hobby Lobby nowadays.
I scored this past Saturday there, though.
They had Mr Cement, CA glue and the Matte Medium on the shelves.
 
Back
Top