• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Trumpeter F6F

Paulw

A good friend of mine who I used to model with and no longer is able to because of his health asked me to build a Hellcat for him. I think he is still sick in the head as he thinks my stuff is good. There were a couple of things that he wanted for this kit First, he wanted a Trumpeter one. I was lucky there because Sprue Brothers had the 5N on sale for $39.00. This was fortunate for me because the versatility of this kit allows you to back date to the early 5 and the 3 with their variants.

Second, wings extended. Really, Kevin, I thought we were friends. The kit allows wings stowed as well as extended however, it is really meant to be built in the stowed position. The extended variant comes with the parts to make it extended but when it comes together it is not even anywhere near a snug fit so it winds up being a butt joint that leaves gaps and steps and makes it difficult for a smooth join..

Since it is displayed this way he requested that the extra details me hidden or not installed at all which I can comply with readily. Leaving the rocker covers off the rear row of cylinders, no radio equipment or anything other than the pit inside the fuselage.
All I have to do is find some belts for the seat and put a couple of more pieces in the engine to fill out some holes.

I'll have some more later and since there is not set date to have this done I can take my time with it and continue on with other projects in the loop. Thanks for looking.

Looks like you can restock your spares box!

I've got a Hellcat waiting for paint staring at me from the DNF shelf as we speak. I'll keep an eye on you for the inspiration to finish it up.

I a m slapping paint on it and getting ready for final assembly. Ill send out pics next week.

Back