• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Messerschmitt 262

That's looking good! You're going to need some wood braces up under her. I doubt they would have loaded her up on the trailer metal on metal. Maybe a couple of 6X6 slippers running the length?

Hey Laurence, can I make a suggestion from my aircraft recovery experience ?

If you are interested, we always used something soft between the aircraft and the trailer.

IE : old tires or mattresses to keep from further damaging the aircraft during the salvage operation.

Cheers, Christian B)

OK, well feel kinda cheated not seeing it on the wagon. :popcorn

What campaign were you going for on this?

Well, MP, these next few updates should help with that feeling :D

It's nearly done - NEARLY. I have to trim the camo nets, rectify a few minor issues, coat of dull, some chains and buckles perhaps, I think I have to do the wings and place them under the plane, on the dragon. Makes the NEARLY sound believable :smack

Anyway, here it comes ...

h92f4610.JPG

hdb723d9.JPG

habc6464.JPG

Thanks for watching,

Laurence

Truly an amazing job on this so far & to me, it looks as though the trailer was made for this!! (y) (y) Having seen a P-51D strapped down on a flatbed a few yrs ago, I'd like to suggest placing some tires under the bird and, use straps instead of chains to tie 'er down with.

Those are my thoughts exactly gents, there will be some form of support underneath, wood or tires. I am inclined to go for wood as I don't have tires handy. Balsa most likely.

I was thinking about this one last night, using straps instead of chains. Makes a lot more sense, I have seen quite a few pics myself about transporting this sort of cargo, there were always straps, never chains.

I'll get it done as soon as I can and keep posting pics here for everyone to comment on. Always appreciated (y)

Laurence

Those are my thoughts exactly gents, there will be some form of support underneath, wood or tires. I am inclined to go for wood as I don't have tires handy. Balsa most likely.

I was thinking about this one last night, using straps instead of chains. Makes a lot more sense, I have seen quite a few pics myself about transporting this sort of cargo, there were always straps, never chains.

I'll get it done as soon as I can and keep posting pics here for everyone to comment on. Always appreciated (y)

Laurence

(y) The reason for the straps is the chains would cause damage to the aircraft where as the straps secure it without causing as much. straps are like 4-6 inches wide compared to a 3/8" chain, wont "bite" into the skin of the aircraft when cinched down.

Here's a shot, kinda sorta the same thing.

Click for source

Looks like rope to me to secure the load . Not sure when tie down straps were invented .

This is not being salvaged to repair.It's a war trophy for morale purposes. :coolio

Good point. Rope vs. straps... :hmmm

There is one other option that you could use as well as to make it yourself.

Make some sandbags for support of the fuselage. They were abundant in those days.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Randy, Ed, Christian and MP - now I got some options :D

I'll try find some pics myself see what is out there, nevertheless, I really do appreciate your suggestions

Laurence

Thanks Randy, Ed, Christian and MP - now I got some options :D

I'll try find some pics myself see what is out there, nevertheless, I really do appreciate your suggestions

Laurence

That's what we're here for. To help one another. Bounce ideas off one another, etc :drinks

So true...

I'll resume work when I get the balsa wood. Weather sucks big time here, raining like mad, not fancying going to the hardware store, but it will happen over the next few days.

Laurence

So true...

I'll resume work when I get the balsa wood. Weather sucks big time here, raining like mad, not fancying going to the hardware store, but it will happen over the next few days.

Laurence

Oh yeah, It's rainin' like crazy here & I gotta take mom to the Dr. :bang head :bang head I'm lookin' foreward to seein' how yer gonna proceed on this :captain :drool

Back