• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Messerschmitt 262

Thanks for the kind words Gentlemen :notworthy

Phil - thanks for the tip. I am using BNA as my supplier of choice.

Initially I was trying to get the Trumpeter kit, which was not available. Sold out. The only one they had was the Hasegawa kit. Not much luck on ebay either.
Now I wish I waited a little bit longer, but I had no idea how long it would take to restock the Trumpeter kit. This Hasegawa is giving me grief, it's a bit messy, inacurate to say the least - don't even get me started on how bad the seat / seatbelts looks like. Guess what? The aftermarket seat/belts is out of stock too :vmad

I have a bigger project in mind for this bird, I would absolutely love to have the best bits and pieces in place, but, unfortunately I have to direct the spending wisely as funds are not unlimited.

Agree with you though, it would look better with those barrels.

Laurence

Right, more things done on this one - would have loved the Trumpeter kit :vmad

Cannon bay 99% there

h965c50f.JPG

Cockpit progress - more needs doing, hope to get it done soon

hec306ce.JPG

The wings are a funny business for what I have in mind. They have to be cut so that once placed on the Dragon Wagon, it would not be ridiculously oversize, something a la Ian Hill. The thing is that Ian used a FW bird, I am using a Me 262 with the engines on the wings. That gave me grief as I had to think of a reasonable way to cut the wings. I have decided to make the cut immediately past the engine nacelle. The whole area there needs rebuilding, photos below.

I will place a thin styrene sheet to make the lower side of the wing. This will be rather flat and not curved, with the engine mountings present. For now, I am working on the elements that can be seen if the wing is cut the way I thought it would have been.

h2fc60da.JPG

The upper side is a different affair. I cut roughly 0.5mm from the surface down. The plastic is thick and allows for it. That's where I want to put something in place to simulate the aluminium sheets, roughly cut for the purpose of fitting on the Dragon. I got something in mind, hopefully ready for the next update.

hbe17b2d.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Laurence

That's interesting...Yeah the cockpit needs some wear and tear on it, unless you're going factory finish...:popcorn

Thanks Luiz :notworthy

There will be weathering on the cockpit but not an awful lot. The 262's entered service around April, this bird will be depicted as of September 1944. So not that old, but still not factory finish either :D

Laurence

Minor update .... wing section, image is upside down, some hoses and wires hanging out after dismantling the engine for trasportation....

h1296657.JPG

Laurence

Not a secret MP - this bird will be carried on the Dragon Wagon. Allies went all out on recovering German technology, Me 262 being one of the most desirable captures.

After some research, I found out that one Me 262 belonging to KG 51-kommando Schenk was reported missing / failed to return to base after a mission on the 25th of August near Paris. Don't have too many details on that one, but I'm still looking :frantic

Laurence

Minor updates - cockpit almost done and currently working on scratching the radio panel.

Lots of very small thingies on that radio panel, certainly something I would not try again in a hurry....

Cockpit first (seat replaced with an aftermarket one, the one provided in the kit was as if the pilot sat on a piece of cardboard :vmad :vmad :vmad

h71f4ae9.JPG

he9640e8.JPG

Radio panel below - the plane will have the hatch open so I figured scratching some radio gear would be a good idea.

ha10e225.JPG

By the way things are going, I won't finish in time for the campaign, but I will be :soldier

Cheers,

Laurence

Gentlemen, as always, your comments are much appreciated :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Half the fuselage is in place, well ....kinda. This is the more intact half, the other one is pretty damaged. Cockpit, gun compartment and radio are glued, awaiting for the other half to join in.

hebb3479.JPG

h8c669cc.JPG

ha0fe339.JPG

h586beba.JPG

Working on the wings, I want to simulate the right wing being cut, as I did with the other one. Last two photos show what it looks like so far.

Thanks for watching :drinks

Laurence

Back