• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Messerschmitt 262

Many thanks for the comments Gentlemen, always adds to the motivation :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

More progress, not as much as I would have liked though....

Both wings have received the "treatment" of being cut, with aluminium (or aluminum as our American friends call that metal :D ) taken from tea lights holders (IKEA stuff comes in handy sometimes).

The fuselage had an appointment with a determined Dremel tool. I am not sure if that was the best I could have done, but, for a first attempt, it doesn't look totally horrible, at least I hope it doesn't.

hf9a83df.JPG

hda1fabc.JPG

h94386b8.JPG

Heaps more to be done still so back to work.

Laurence

And here I thought it was Aluminum....

Looks great Laurence.

We closed this campaign June 30 so I'm going to move this up to Wesendorf Field, see ya there..:pilot

Thanks Bob,

I know I missed the deadline, however, I was hoping it would be possible to get the ribbon under the Second Chance campaign catch-up thingy :D

Laurence

Go for it Laurence ... I missed a lot of builds also ... I have too many Irons in the fire ... Nice job on the aluminium ... The first time I went to Jolly 'ol they started talking about that stuff and I thought there was a new type of Metal ... that only the Islanders knew about ... :rotf

After missing the deadline for the original campaign and being busy with other things, now it's time this nemesis gets done.

The 262 is now painted, all that remains is the canopy, the antenna wire, minor corrections and weathering. This bird will be placed on the Dragon Wagon that I finished months ago.

Painted model below:

h7a7ca8f.JPG

Thanks for watching,

Laurence

OK, well feel kinda cheated not seeing it on the wagon. :popcorn

What campaign were you going for on this?

:popcorn
Great build Laurence!
I love your scratch-work on the wings and fuselage.
Don't fret over the dremmel grinding it looks spot on. Can't wait to see the Dragon Wagon and well done on being so bold and taking a big plane and modifying it for more interest and excitement - I love it!

:v (y)

Ian

Nice build Laurence . Like the paint job a lot .

Is the the Hasegawa or Trumpeter kit ?

Cheers, Christian B)

:popcorn
Great build Laurence!
I love your scratch-work on the wings and fuselage.
Don't fret over the dremmel grinding it looks spot on. Can't wait to see the Dragon Wagon and well done on being so bold and taking a big plane and modifying it for more interest and excitement - I love it!

:v (y)

Ian

Wow, thanks Ian, it really means a lot to me.

It's no secret what the inspiration was :D and although I know this doesn't come even remotely close to your masterpiece, I must say that I have plans to put it on a diorama.

I will take some pictures when it's on the back of the Dragon, that might take a few more days.

Ed, Christian and Luiz, thank you very much for your kind words. It is the Hasegawa kit, at the level I'm at with building planes, couldn't have hoped for a worse one. I had no choice when I ordered it, soon after that, the supplier got the Trumpeter one in stock. Go figure :bang head

Cheers,

Laurence

Sorry to hear . Still gives a very believable impression though.

Waiting on more updates (y) ... :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

OK, well feel kinda cheated not seeing it on the wagon. :popcorn

What campaign were you going for on this?

Well, MP, these next few updates should help with that feeling :D

It's nearly done - NEARLY. I have to trim the camo nets, rectify a few minor issues, coat of dull, some chains and buckles perhaps, I think I have to do the wings and place them under the plane, on the dragon. Makes the NEARLY sound believable :smack

Anyway, here it comes ...

h92f4610.JPG

hdb723d9.JPG

habc6464.JPG

Thanks for watching,

Laurence

Back