• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 21CT F4U

Paulw

I have been off and on with this thing for a couple of months now and I think that I am almost finished wit it. I applied my first trial at salt chipping and some dry brushing of aluminum and gun metal. A little coral dust,some MG soot and some tooth picks for antennas. I tried to replicate a couple of photos from a set of in action books and some research from McGoogle.

I had a little prob with silvering on the right side. All in All not too bad a build. This is the second one of these I have done since I have started almost three years ago.
IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

That looks great Paul. Really nicely done. If you have some silvering and it really bugs you try using a new knife blade and lightly scoring the decal or poking it. Then add you decal setting agent over top. It should suck the decal down and settle it. But from my seat this is very very nice (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Back