• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Tamiya A6M-2

Paulw

I bought this kit at a show that I attend in OKC and I didn't know when I was going to get on to it. I had a couple of issues with paint, decals and my clumsy fingers. I have a few clear parts left to add and the antenna wire. The paint is all Tamiya except the clear which is MRP, which is the stuff I had issues with. It really doesn't hold up to micro-set very well and cause some bubbling under the Hinomaru on the wings. The wash was the water based acrylic from AK. Just lather it on and wait until it dries and you can remove it with a damp paper towel.

It looks really good Paul! Also glad to see you building again.
3D-Great Job.gif

Beautiful. I'm looking for this kit as I found some decals to do a P-40B and this Zero from Pearl Harbour.
James

Beautiful. I'm looking for this kit as I found some decals to do a P-40B and this Zero from Pearl Harbour.
James
That was my idea as well since I have the new GWH P-40B Pearl Harbor edition. However, with the issued I caused in the build of the zero that idea is cancelled.

Back