• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/100 MI-24 Hind FINISHED!!!!

1/100 MI-24 Hind

OK so here it is...not too bad! This fresh outta da' masking tape! I did have a touch of paint build up on the nose area and one spot on the tail boom, I think I can trim it down when I give it a bit of weathering. the blue that is on the canopy is acrylic, so cleanup should not be too bad! Overall I like it so far! Going to spen the rest of the day with oh-so-much-better-half, but I look to have this puppy finished next week!

1/100 MI-24 Hind

Damn now I feel like building mine

Dude...you have a KANG-AM???

Hey it is a fun little kit - I took some 700 grit & knocked down the paint buildup spots quite nicely, even had a sde benefit of adding a little weathering too!!!

1/100 MI-24 Hind

Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Might inspire me to go buy/build a 1:72 one - Think Italeri covered most of the second-generation versions, and iirc, Hasegawa did a first-generation version without the stepped cockpits.

Keep it coming, Bruce, very nice work.

Ian.

1/100 MI-24 Hind

Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Might inspire me to go buy/build a 1:72 one - Think Italeri covered most of the second-generation versions, and iirc, Hasegawa did a first-generation version without the stepped cockpits.

Keep it coming, Bruce, very nice work.

Ian.

Thank you Sir, you are too kind! really the later stepped-cockpit version is a much better a/c all around, but the first gen. is juat neat looking. I did find a pic of the later type in Sandanista Camo, and that is so cool I am awfully tempted to build it in just that manner...static and all!

1/100 MI-24 Hind

Just put a Tamiya 1:72 Hind D/E in to my cart at Hannants (it's actually an Italeri re-box with different decals and a smaller price-tag).

...And it's your fault, Bruce !!

Ian.

1/100 MI-24 Hind

Just put a Tamiya 1:72 Hind D/E in to my cart at Hannants (it's actually an Italeri re-box with different decals and a smaller price-tag).

...And it's your fault, Bruce !!

Ian.

Muha-ha-ha-ha............................... :evil:

1/100 MI-24 Hind - FINISHED!!!!!

Ok so here it is, sorry about the not so great pics! got the last of it together, decals on, and a some small washes for just a bit of effect! Note that for size comparison the last pic is of it beside a 23ml Tamiya paint bottle. I FINALLY FINISHED ONE!!! now on to other projects!

1/100 MI-24 Hind - FINISHED!!!!! BETTER PICS!

man that last set o' pics suuuuuuucked, so I caught some early evening light on the pollenated front porch, these look ALOT better!

still ned to get that bit o'blue off the canopy, but it does not seem willig to budge! Oh well, I really enjoyed this, I am gonna finish up my tanks and work on wingy-thingy's for ahile me-thinks!

1/100 MI-24 Hind - FINISHED!!!!! BETTER PICS!

Looking great. Nice job on the Hind. Man, I could never build something that small, although I DO have 4 1/100 UH-60 blackhawks in my stash.
:woohoo:

Tim

Back