• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm going Japanese

First day of Vacation...spent half of it in dentist chair.

:bang head

I did get motivated and got some work done.

Dark rust wash over the entire thing..

h90930a3.jpg

h9ee19f0.jpg

Think I'll do a light rust wash around the edges and thin spots.

h186b3fa.jpg

Some progress on the tracks. :soldier

Lookin' neat, Sir-Pup!

Thanks guys, I'm going to try and wick in the light rust around where the paint pealing is. I'm not going to do the "second" layer like I was thinking, kinda liking how this is turning out.

More tracks today...:soldier

Got one run done.

h01f2395.jpg

Yeah it's slack, no one maintaining this thing, remember?

Did some light rust and some pigment work

h15a769d.jpg

he087dad.jpg

h2797bb4.jpg

I really like what I did here, just gotta figure out how I did it. :idonno

I picked up some of those rubber brushes to mash the pigments in, that's kinda what you're seeing on this part. Maybe some metal flake in there as well?

I'm wondering if i'm not in overkill zone now...

Mike you should be happy with the markings now. :D
hfcbb429.jpg

h819b70e.jpg

hf842284.jpg

h5d788a2.jpg

h155f5fc.jpg

And I zoomed in on one spot

hc689006.jpg

I used a graphite pencil to sort of trace some areas, then used the rubber brush to rub it in. did the same with some rust on the top.

Used a white Prisma pencil for the marking, some intel officer marking it for inspection I or cataloging it.

Too much, not enough?

Next step is to seal it and then use Migs Pacific panel wash to give it dusting over. I'll be doing more tracks when I get more wire, i refused to go to Hobby Lobby on Black Friday. Then I'll focus on the road wheels.

That's just it Peter, looking at it in person, it ain't that subtle.

Going with Migs Pigment Sealer, think it's pretty safe.

Thanks guys! :soldier

Well even though I had two bags of tracks, they both appear to be left handed..or right, not sure what the correct track direction is but seeing how both sets of tracks are the same..one side is going to be on wrong, you decided. :rotf

Good thing this isn't factory fresh. :soldier

Cut the pins off cleanly, then you can install the right (or left) direction. :frantic

Too much, not enough?

To me this looks about right. It is so easy to overdo aspects of weathering with knowing when to step back being the hardest part. Once you apply "Migs Pacific panel wash" most of the details should pop out. Looking forward to see more!! :good:

Back