• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm going Japanese

Well the garage is in shambles right now, we've hauled off stuff that's been in storage for years and now all those tubs are sitting around waiting on us to fill them again once we close on the new house. BTW, I'm getting a new man cave/dog house. Having something built that will work at storage/gardening/my workshop. More on that as we sort out the details.

But anyway, I got motivated to day to sit amongst the rubble and play in some mud.

First the Jap tank!
1621819101778.png

Started filling in the channels we cut for the tank to sit flat but the beach elevate upwards on a slope.
1621819147499.png

Working it more and more, trying to smooth it all out to make it look like eroded beach.

1621819198755.png

Will see what it looks like in the am. Yeah, there's another project in the back ground.

Hello Boys

I've been playing fark around in the shop for far too long. I could move things and arrange all day long, not till I got glue in hand and start to work will I figure out where I need me stuff so, we're back at it!

I picked up the Jap tank and SAS jeep to get started.
Not having a plan I started thinking the valleys in the sand needed a dark wash so I broke out Migs dark wash...and it turned everhthing dark.
1659827555817.png

too dark for a sandy sun bleached beach. I tried several different lighter pigments trying to find my groove, nadda.
1659827611252.png

Just making more dark mud
I was packing up and heading back to the house and I saw it.. my oil colors. Where's that stinkin' white paint!
Amazing how well scrap drywall works as a oil pallet...
So I pulled out a fresh fan brush, liberal dousing of Humbrols thinner and dried the brush out a good bit and did the dry brush thing.

1659827897117.png

Sorry for the flash but my swing arm mag light didn't hold up, got the one @Rhino suggested due Monday.
Hey I like this! Wonder what it looks like when this stuff dries. I'm going to have to darken under the roadwheels to pass pinlight inspection... :smack:
But yeah I did what the white drybush did here. How about y'all? Posting on the SAS Jeep in a minute.

Last edited:
Back