• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm going Japanese

It's not a type 97, but it's still a good combat clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPqDGZ3zQyQ

Got a couple of washes of light rust and dark rust on. Not what I was expecting, needs more me thinks.

hb09a831.jpg

hc0c48e1.jpg

h2744fb6.jpg

Looks pretty good to me, it's just the base, right? You add texture,streaks and highlights and all will be swell! :ro:

:drinks

Looks pretty good. Do you think it needs more pitting due to long term exposure to the elements and poor quality original Japanese paint?

Cheers

That's how I would approach it. B) Hairspray (chipping fluid) then color, make some chips and so forth. Rust texture like the crusty stuff could be added before the colors, bubbling up under the paint like it does. B)

So ya wanted some texture, ok.

h8570004.jpg

h0ca7950.jpg

hd819a32.jpg

Figured I need to beat up the fenders also.

Vallejo pigs used, Migs fixer to coat it, hope mixing them don't blow it up... :rotf

Let this cure and then I'll hit the chipping fluid.

My Brother in Law Gary and I out on our Sunday drive and we ran into some traffic.

ha0343b7.jpg

h6b883b3.jpg

I bet they won't be anywhere to be found in a month. :rotf Really think someone is feeding them, never seen Wild Turkey this close other than from a bar stool. :drink
Seriouly I could have reached out and grabbed one.

Anywho..
Bruce, this is for you.

haf7daa1.jpg

h9b997c4.jpg

h0c7646a.jpg

I'll do the wash this evening and see how it looks. :coolio

Just caught-up with this, looking like a great project, Bob. Love that texturing, well modelled, sir ! :good:

Ian.

Wow man, That is some neat stuff! I am honored that you chose to camo it, but really I am hoping most of that camp is removed to show that gorgeous rust underneath- wondering how it will turn out!

My Brother in Law Gary and I out on our Sunday drive and we ran into some traffic.

ha0343b7.jpg

h6b883b3.jpg

I bet they won't be anywhere to be found in a month. :rotf Really think someone is feeding them, never seen Wild Turkey this close other than from a bar stool. :drink
Seriouly I could have reached out and grabbed one.

Anywho..
Bruce, this is for you.

haf7daa1.jpg

h9b997c4.jpg

h0c7646a.jpg

I'll do the wash this evening and see how it looks. :coolio

Back