• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm going Japanese

This is a fun kit! Hope to see you paint it with the yellow "confusion" stripes!

I had built one of these back when this forum was under another name (ahem...), and I have another in the stash for the "I can do it Better now" campaign that we have never started (hint-hint)

When I want a hatch left just partly open I put something under it to keep it at the angle i want and I leave that something there until the cement has fully cured.

Nice looking build so far.

Cheers

When I want a hatch left just partly open I put something under it to keep it at the angle i want and I leave that something there until the cement has fully cured.

Nice looking build so far.

Cheers

Thanks, I did, guess i should have used CA instead of plastic weld.

Thanks Mark, really easy technique.

h4306912.jpg

h6c6cf5a.jpg

I'll be the first to admit I'm not good about washing parts, looks like I should.

This is primer, never seen primer do this. Second coat seems to be covering it ok. :soldier

On a rusty relic one would think texture is good. It will be a good surface to dry brush on. :good:

I get that but this is primer coat. What if I wasn't doing a rusty relic, already know the answer, another coat. :soldier

I tell ya, I'm liking this stuff.

I'm not generally one who gets excited about the latest, I like the tried and true. But after watching Mig's video I'm getting this, light coats building up the color.

Looking good so far. I've had that happen with my primer coat before; it usually meant I was spraying from too far away and it was drying before hitting the plastic. Yeah, a second coat fixes it. I also don't wash my models either. Had too many that lost parts even with a decent drain screen in place.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Base coat of Brown for the rusting.

h4169240.jpg

h24e2cd3.jpg

hcec304a.jpg

Not sure what that rail thing is around the top of the turret but I figure no way it would be pristine so heated it up a might and bent it around some. Instructions call for it to be copper, is that right? Was it an antenna or something?

Love the color! It will be a good base to work from. Bending the rail adds loads of character, can't tell you exactly what it is, but guessing it would get grabbed alot. :ro:

Just googled it. It was an antenna. Get to do some copper patina. (y)

That's funny, I was cleaning the shop today (screwed up my wrist so not much else going on) and boxed away a bunch of stuff that never sold back in the day. Amongst the items were three bottles of MIG copper rust pigment.

Yeah, that was a radio antenna for the radio. You've done excellent on that already, I can't wait to see the copper patina!

Back